Are Nintendo first party games ridiculously easy to beat?

#1Second_HokagePosted 6/23/2013 2:11:25 PM
It feels that way. I don't remember one single first party game from Wii that was difficult for me to beat, and no DKCR is not hard. And now on Wii U, NSMBU was very easy to beat, i completed like 95% of the game by myself, the other 5% were secret entrances that i couldn't find.

Also, nintendo keeps adding noob friendly features to their games. Like if you die too much, the game will beat the level for you.

Mario kart 8 looks very easy too. Whatever happened to the tight curves, or narrow roads of older entries? The roads are too wide and easy!

I hope Smash Bros. U is not too noob friendly, but they did bring back final smashes...

TLDR, the games are too easy, and too noob friendly. I want the N64 and GC era Nintendo back!
#2Baha05Posted 6/23/2013 2:12:53 PM
I think maybe you're just getting better? I find some to have easy starts but frustrating ends. DKC Returns is hard to do when you attempt to grab all Puzzle Pieces and Kong Letters while unlocking the Temple Levels.
---
"I will take the advice of PS3 over you, any day of the week. Especially, when you state that all aspect ratios are the same." Some Crazy Guy
#3The_Shadow_LinkPosted 6/23/2013 2:13:37 PM
Mario Kart 8 they've only shown courses from probably the first 2 cups at best and none of the end game ones so I'm not expecting them to be tricky yet.

But I will admit that the difficulty of Nintendo Games has spiraled downwards as of recent. Even the Super Luigi U game that came out was fairly easy. Some levels in this "Hard pack game" are actually easier than their Mario U counterpart!
---
Wanting to become a wolf to end all of my life's problems.
People who agree with me: 37, Comment about it if you agree. ~*Ancient Status*~
#4ADHDguitarPosted 6/23/2013 2:20:11 PM
I disagree, but I agree that they need to get those, "God beats the game for you" easy mode cop out power ups out of there.

I find it ridiculously annoying that they keep flashing a help sign after I die a grand total of 3 times in a row.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#5HayashiTakaraPosted 6/23/2013 2:22:20 PM
You've never played a Nintendo game before then TC, go back to your dudebro games.
#6gamezrochardPosted 6/23/2013 2:26:06 PM(edited)
I agree about the power ups, but there are Nintendo games that can be difficult, such as Fire Emblem Awakening. Lunatic runs are pretty difficult.

Donkey Kong Country Returns was one of the hardest things I've done in my gaming career, but thats because I had a partner the entire game. Great fun.

... Wait a minute... Guys, you think, every Nintendo game amps up difficulty, with the more players you have? DKCR is a given, takes weeks to beat with a buddy. The NEW MARIO series with 4 players can get very tough as stragglers can pull the screen or leave you behind. Winning in a game of Mario Party is incredibly tough with 3 other competent friends...

MY GOD. Nintendo games foundation for difficulty comes from more players!
---
Quoting the Topic Creator's original post is stupid and redundant.
I'm here for intelligent arguments or flaming. It's your job to decipher which.
#7BeanBeanKingdomPosted 6/23/2013 2:28:43 PM
Go do a 9.0 Intensity run of Kid Icarus Uprising and a Classic Lunatic+ run of Fire Emblem Awakening and then we'll talk, TC.
---
Had a Street Fighter signature for four years, but Crapcom doesn't deserve such recognition anymore.
#8GigantLuffyPosted 6/23/2013 2:28:55 PM
HayashiTakara posted...
You've never played a Nintendo game before then TC, go back to your dudebro games.

Aren't "dudebro games" just linear hallways? Remember DudeBro RPG XIII!

Also, I guess it varies from game-to-game. Some games can hit that sweet spot for difficulty like Xenoblade and DKCR.

Also, there are folks that still complain about the AI of the recent Mario Karts...
---
Official Getter Robo of your heart
PSQuadruple and WiiU are loaded baby!
#9CaptainRandom1Posted 6/23/2013 2:31:47 PM
BeanBeanKingdom posted...
Go do a 9.0 Intensity run of Kid Icarus Uprising and a Classic Lunatic+ run of Fire Emblem Awakening and then we'll talk, TC.

---
3DS FC 4253-3597-1691
#10CyricsServantPosted 6/23/2013 2:32:14 PM(edited)
Baha05 posted...
I think maybe you're just getting better?

They're definitely getting easier. At least compared to NES era Nintendo games.

Take Kirby's Epic Yarn for instance. You can't die. There are chase sequences, such as one with a giant snowball, where you can literally set your controller down, get a drink, and let the game take care of the sequence for you. Also lives in other Ninty platformers feel like a vestigial concept now. You don't need them anymore, they're just there for nostalgia's sake.

That being said, I still find old school Nintendo to be pretty brutal. I still haven't beaten the original lSMB, despite trying to do so for a couple hours earlier this year. Those last two stages are sadistic. But the final stage of SMG? I beat it in one try my first time playing it, no deaths. :/ Something has changed, that's for sure.