Are Nintendo first party games ridiculously easy to beat?

#11DoramiPosted 6/23/2013 3:32:27 PM
So... what games are hard to beat for you?
---
"Why do ppl say Steam/PC has DRM? The only thing steam does is prevent piracy, and there's nothing wrong with that." - Oil_Rope_Bombs
#12SkyCrackersPosted 6/23/2013 3:36:24 PM(edited)
I think you're just getting better. For me, DKCR was harder than DKC1 even though I played DKC1 many years earlier (although I didn't use the super kong or many helper items). As for Mario Kart 8, you've likely only seen the early tracks. Plus, remember how wide, barren, and boring many of the tracks were from MK64? The NSMB series seems to have gotten progressively harder from DS to Wii to Wii U, so it's hard to complain there.
---
Mario vs. Donkey Kong is a hideously underrated game.
#13RoccoRedPosted 6/23/2013 3:44:10 PM
It really depends on the person.

Compare me to my cousin.

I was able to beat Super Mario Galaxy with ease while my cousin couldn't.

I had difficulty beating Legend of Zelda while my cousin had no trouble.

Difficulty or not, it is about having fun. :U
---
Xbox: KeroTenu
PSN: Omagiri_Dragon
#14AkaneJonesPosted 6/23/2013 3:56:14 PM
Second_Hokage posted...
It feels that way. I don't remember one single first party game from Wii that was difficult for me to beat, and no DKCR is not hard. And now on Wii U, NSMBU was very easy to beat, i completed like 95% of the game by myself, the other 5% were secret entrances that i couldn't find.

Also, nintendo keeps adding noob friendly features to their games. Like if you die too much, the game will beat the level for you.

Mario kart 8 looks very easy too. Whatever happened to the tight curves, or narrow roads of older entries? The roads are too wide and easy!

I hope Smash Bros. U is not too noob friendly, but they did bring back final smashes...

TLDR, the games are too easy, and too noob friendly. I want the N64 and GC era Nintendo back!

So you sit there with 100% of all collectibles, puzzle pieces, Kong letters, and Platinum Medals in speed runs? No? Thought so especially those Platinum Medals, probably chopped them up to stupid hard achievements with no point in getting on PS360 so didn't even count them.

Also Width of roads has no effect on challenge of Mario Kart games. It's wider to accommodate for the fact there are 12 carts, instead of 8, and all can be actual drivers. For all the complaints lodged at the blue shell, I would think you wouldn't want Mario Kart to be harder than it is. That would literally lead to a Mario Kart trolls you harder that it already does.

Do you really want a Mario Kart with no more first place items that block attack items, more blue shells than there already are, and worse rubberbanding. I can see it now a warp pipe item that makes the user change place with a racer ahead of them, people holding onto it till they get into second place and using right before the end, and the AI trolls you by doing that 90% of the time in Mirror Mode. Throw in another item like the Thunder Cloud, but no chance of ditching it, like a Rock Mushroom that turns you into a rolling stone but you loose all steering and can only rolls strait. Oh sure you can flatten opponents, but it auto activates and you just crash off course 99% of the time.

Anyway did you play Mario Kart 7? Neo Bowser City is a track with sharp turns causing you to slide off track if you are not careful. So I don't know what you are talking about.
#15Baha05Posted 6/23/2013 4:07:37 PM
CyricsServant posted...
They're definitely getting easier. At least compared to NES era Nintendo games.

Take Kirby's Epic Yarn for instance. You can't die. There are chase sequences, such as one with a giant snowball, where you can literally set your controller down, get a drink, and let the game take care of the sequence for you. Also lives in other Ninty platformers feel like a vestigial concept now. You don't need them anymore, they're just there for nostalgia's sake.

That being said, I still find old school Nintendo to be pretty brutal. I still haven't beaten the original lSMB, despite trying to do so for a couple hours earlier this year. Those last two stages are sadistic. But the final stage of SMG? I beat it in one try my first time playing it, no deaths. :/ Something has changed, that's for sure.

Everything is far easier then NES era games.
---
"I will take the advice of PS3 over you, any day of the week. Especially, when you state that all aspect ratios are the same." Some Crazy Guy
#16kaliskonigPosted 6/23/2013 4:13:47 PM
No they are not easy to beat IMO. Super Mario 3d land for example has some challenging stages. Fire emblem is properly difficult even if the newest one is said to be the easiest so far due to the ability to easily going and manipulate stat gain.

I can't think of a single Nintendo game I felt was to easy. Pikmin is just right especially if you are inexperienced. If anything the console Zelda's are a bit to easy. Only thing hard about skyward sword were the clunky controls at times.
#17PK_WonderPosted 6/23/2013 4:25:05 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#18FilthyLittleBoiPosted 6/23/2013 4:30:19 PM
Sadly, yes
#19wombatkiddPosted 6/23/2013 4:36:30 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again in every topic like this. Games haven't gotten easier they've just gotten more fair. A lot of the old school games people remember for being hard were just hard because they were cheap.
---
---
"Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master."
#20arvilinoPosted 6/23/2013 4:42:25 PM
wombatkidd posted...
I've said it before and I'll say it again in every topic like this. Games haven't gotten easier they've just gotten more fair. A lot of the old school games people remember for being hard were just hard because they were cheap.

Plus that was only to extend the games which were pretty short back then(and by that I mean NES/SNES/Megadrive, not N64/GC like the TC's incorrectly suggesting). Like you said they were pretty cheap, many of them depending on trial and error to progress, this combined with the harsher gameover->start over or requiring a higher difficulty mode to actually be able to fully complete the game.

Once you played enough(which you probably would have a lot up until you were able to beat it) and remembered the stage layouts these games could be completed in a matter of an hour or two.