Total time needed for system update?

#1TheGoldenGhostPosted 6/23/2013 3:32:55 PM
I'm currently attempting to download the latest wii u system update so I can transfer my files from my wii to my wil u, but my control pad has been saying "Downloading data for update" for 3+ hours, and I'm still only approximately 10% through the update. I have previously tried restarting my internet connection and my router, as well as running through both a wi-fi and ethernet connection, none of which have sped up this process. I'm pretty sure it's not the speed of my connection, as I just downloaded the latest wii system update in about 3 minutes, and my XBOX is playing online absolutely fine without any sort of lag or indication of a slow network connection. Is this normal for the Wii U? Assuming this thing doesn't pick up the pace, I'm looking at about 36 hours to download a simple system update. I tried doing this a couple of months ago, and also gave up because it went 12 hours without even reaching the halfway mark.
#2TheGoldenGhost(Topic Creator)Posted 6/23/2013 4:30:28 PM
And now I'm getting error messages regarding being unable to connect to the Nintendo Server. Anybody know of anything I can do to speed this up? It's ridiculous that a game system takes an entire weekend to update itself so you can use it.
#3MotiJrPosted 6/23/2013 4:32:08 PM
Sounds odd. At most it should take you 2 hours. Have you checked the error code you got, on Ninty's website?
---
Turns out I have one of Sony's lap dogs following me around on gamefaqs. If you see him, don't feed him. He has a bad temper and is easily upset :D
#4TheGoldenGhost(Topic Creator)Posted 6/23/2013 4:37:10 PM
MotiJr posted...
Sounds odd. At most it should take you 2 hours. Have you checked the error code you got, on Ninty's website?

I typed it into the website, and it said it means their servers aren't currently available. I don't think that's correct, because if I resume the download, it starts right up again (but still makes minimal or zero progress). I'm at about 15% done, and 5 hours in. It was doing this exact same thing to me a few months ago, but I figured that it would have corrected itself by now.
#5MotiJrPosted 6/23/2013 4:52:58 PM
I had the same problem but that was on launch day. Eventually I would be disconnected and have to restart the update which would continue from where it left off. If it is still running, I suggest you let it continue without removing anything. If it keeps starting and stopping, might be best to let it download in background if possible otherwise keep trying.
Apologies as I cannot be of much help.
---
Turns out I have one of Sony's lap dogs following me around on gamefaqs. If you see him, don't feed him. He has a bad temper and is easily upset :D