Why do people say 3D World is a port of 3D Land?

#1lowuwPosted 6/23/2013 3:42:04 PM
When its really a sequel to 3D Land. It's funny because same people wouldn't call Galaxy 3 a Wii port or Mario 64 2 a N64 port.
#2wombatkiddPosted 6/23/2013 3:42:45 PM
Because they're stupid. /thread
---
---
"Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master."
#3AhnoldDoodPosted 6/23/2013 3:43:25 PM
Because they have no idea what that word means.
#4KisaiPosted 6/23/2013 3:43:46 PM
One guy =/= everyone.
---
WHO MODS THE MODERATORS?
#5lowuw(Topic Creator)Posted 6/23/2013 3:45:44 PM
Kisai posted...
One guy =/= everyone.

Never said everyone, but I've seen many topics and messages from different people say It's a port.
#6SkyCrackersPosted 6/23/2013 3:46:04 PM
Because they obviously ported the same engine, assets, set pieces, music, textures, and pretty much everything. So what if they used a level editor to make some "new" levels? I guess expansion pack would be more accurate than port, though.

I'm just kidding. Of course it's not a port. Or an expansion pack. People just like to troll.
---
Mario vs. Donkey Kong is a hideously underrated game.
#7Faceman_Posted 6/23/2013 3:46:14 PM
Because it's more or less the same kind of level load out I'd assume. While I don't agree with them I will admit that it kind of sucks getting this instead of a power star collector. Especially when all we get is ONE new power up...
#8lowuw(Topic Creator)Posted 6/23/2013 3:48:39 PM
Faceman_ posted...
Because it's more or less the same kind of level load out I'd assume. While I don't agree with them I will admit that it kind of sucks getting this instead of a power star collector. Especially when all we get is ONE new power up...

Has it been confirmed we only get one new power up? They have the tanooki suit, which isn't new, but one of favorites.
#9wombatkiddPosted 6/23/2013 3:48:41 PM
Faceman_ posted...

/facepalm

Just in the little gameply footage we've seen, there's 4 game mechanics new to 3d Mario. But yeah, there's only the once you paid any attention to.
---
---
"Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master."
#10lowuw(Topic Creator)Posted 6/23/2013 3:50:58 PM
Why is it okay to get a sequel to galaxy, which would be the third of its kind, but not okay to get a sequel to 3D Land, which got good reviews.