Maybe we shouldn't worry about Super Mario 3D Land

#1Second_HokagePosted 6/23/2013 9:06:42 PM
Its not ground breaking, but it will be fun. However, i am pretty certain that the Mario makers, now with enough time between now and the next few years, are making an epic Mario adventure. 3D world doesn't look like it took long to make, i believe its just a filler for something greater in about 2-3 years from now.

What do you think?
#2LordBowserPosted 6/23/2013 11:04:13 PM
It will be an amazing game. People are treating like it's NSMB in 3D. It's not. Not by a longshot.

People are worked up because they wanted a 3D adventure like Galaxy and 64, hell, most actually want a Galaxy 3.

Nintendo will undoubtedly make a 3D 'collectathon' adventure later on, but that doesn't mean Super Mario 3D World is 'filler'. It will be an amazing game.

It kind of annoys me that you'd call it filler like it's a NSMB game. 3D Land has only been done once before, and it was pretty amazing. I am stoked they decided to make a sequel on the Wii U and add the features they have.
---
I am Lord Bowser, King of the Koopas! Bwahaha..
Playing Bowser on Mario Kart, and Noxus on Metroid Prime. I am not a cookie cutter!
#3manmousePosted 6/23/2013 11:15:50 PM
bot it's nut opun werld! i want maria ands luugy in skyrim!
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b18HMqJW5A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nt1-XWiMveY
#4Zero280Posted 6/23/2013 11:19:04 PM
Well for starters its not Super Mario 3D Land It's "Super Mario 3D World" >.>
---
3DS Friend Code 5069-3942-1786
#5Second_Hokage(Topic Creator)Posted 6/23/2013 11:20:49 PM
Zero280 posted...
Well for starters its not Super Mario 3D Land It's "Super Mario 3D World" >.>

They are so similar, can you blame me?
#6FFXIgaiaknightPosted 6/23/2013 11:32:15 PM
if history is anything to by we only get 1 3d mario per console with the exception being the wii.
---
3DS FC: 4124-5007-1536
NNI: Gaiaknight
#7ImGanondorfLolPosted 6/23/2013 11:37:06 PM(edited)
I'm more underwhelmed by the atmosphere and the presentation rather than the formula they used. I prefer the traditional 3D Mario formula, but I'm still fond of linear Mario.
It's just has such a NSMB-esque feel with the bland music and soulless looking environments.
I loved 3D Land and I'm looking forward to this game, but it's simply not what we were expecting. If I was reassured there's still another traditional 3D Mario game on the way I'm totally fine with this, but it's uncertain if we will get that game.
#8Banjo2553Posted 6/24/2013 12:29:35 AM
FFXIgaiaknight posted...
if history is anything to by we only get 1 3d mario per console with the exception being the wii.

Well hopefully it makes an exception again. Just not in the fashion of being a sequel.
---
Come see my game collection: http://www.backloggery.com/bakonbitz
#9Schwepps01Posted 6/24/2013 12:45:25 AM
ImGanondorfLol posted...
I'm more underwhelmed by the atmosphere and the presentation rather than the formula they used. I prefer the traditional 3D Mario formula, but I'm still fond of linear Mario.
It's just has such a NSMB-esque feel with the bland music and soulless looking environments.
I loved 3D Land and I'm looking forward to this game, but it's simply not what we were expecting. If I was reassured there's still another traditional 3D Mario game on the way I'm totally fine with this, but it's uncertain if we will get that game.

I agree it looks like no thought process went into this iteration of Mario. Lets have the same generic grass and lava lands guys, thats sure to sell! And it will. And the cycle will continue.

What used to be the standard for 3D platformers is now content with ripping itself off and hiding behind the same monotonous graphics and gameplay since 2006.
---
#10Hector_SassPosted 6/24/2013 1:09:25 AM
FFXIgaiaknight posted...

While you're right, in the past Nintendo also had better support from 3rd parties and there was a glut of quality platformers. Now Nintendo would be a little foolish to not release another 3D mario.
---
Only two or three shots, I'ma show you how to turn it up another notch
Because after I made it, I played it and its fun Shigeru Miyamoto