As far as the press side is concerned, Nintendo needs to write off the Wii U

#1DoramiPosted 6/23/2013 9:13:45 PM
Nintendo makes a new entry in a flagship series: "Nintendo's playing it safe again. They need new IPs."

Nintendo makes a new series: "Nintendo needs to publish system sellers if they want to push the units they need. They need a new Mario, Zelda, or Smash to salvage the system."

Nintendo gets 3rd party multiplatform games: "Nintendo needs exclusives, not multiplatforms. Why would I want to buy a game on the Wii and I can have it on a more powerful platform with a normal controller?"

Nintendo gets 3rd party exclusives in a new IP: "Nintendo needs big name exclusives to push units. They can't rely on these 3rd string almost indie titles that nobody has ever heard of."

Nintendo gets 3rd party exclusives in sequels: "What were these people thinking? Nobody's going to buy a Wii U just to play a sequel to an franchise that's established on another platform. All they're doing is killing off the series."
---
"Why do ppl say Steam/PC has DRM? The only thing steam does is prevent piracy, and there's nothing wrong with that." - Oil_Rope_Bombs
#2manmousePosted 6/23/2013 9:17:30 PM
this sums up this board.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b18HMqJW5A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nt1-XWiMveY
#3SychinLegacyPosted 6/23/2013 9:17:34 PM
This is more a reflection on the state of the media than the state of Nintendo.
#4jtr219Posted 6/23/2013 9:19:48 PM
SychinLegacy posted...

---
NNID: jtr219
#5QlJGamerPosted 6/23/2013 9:21:17 PM
Media and Nintendo have bad blood. They hated when Nintendo shined with the Wii. When they reported it was going to fail to the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.
---
Quite Intelligent Judging!
#6LordBowserPosted 6/23/2013 9:23:39 PM
SychinLegacy posted...

We have a winner.

The funny thing is that I just read a very uplifting article about Nintendo recently, too. But trolls only post the negative ones and pretend the positive ones don't exist. Okay.
---
I am Lord Bowser, King of the Koopas! Bwahaha..
Playing Bowser on Mario Kart, and Noxus on Metroid Prime. I am not a cookie cutter!
#7GamespohtPosted 6/23/2013 9:29:49 PM
LordBowser posted...
SychinLegacy posted...

We have a winner.

The funny thing is that I just read a very uplifting article about Nintendo recently, too. But trolls only post the negative ones and pretend the positive ones don't exist. Okay.

That's because every time a good Wii U article is posted it's always, lol Wiiusurance
---
''No copyright law in the universe is going to stop me''-Sonic The Hedgehog
I am Gamespot's Unofficial Mascot....Love Me.
#8SimcityfanboyPosted 6/24/2013 12:23:18 AM
Gamespoht posted...
LordBowser posted...
SychinLegacy posted...

We have a winner.

That's because every time a good Wii U article is posted it's always, lol Wiiusurance

It is a Wiiusuramce.
---
Xbox won. What now haters?
#9kukingina2Posted 6/24/2013 12:26:47 AM
why are they even talking about a 12 year old dying console anyways?
---
Is Metroid's gun part of his armor or is he a cyborg like Data from Star wars?
3ds fc: 4940-5506-2047
#10AhnoldDoodPosted 6/24/2013 12:27:50 AM
SychinLegacy posted...