Can I use the Pro Controller with every Wii U game?

#1NoNeedF0RaNamePosted 6/23/2013 9:40:33 PM
I just dont like the idea of the Gamepad and I have always loathed the Wii-motes. The extensive use of these controllers have kept me away from this system despite my love for Nintendo. However, after seeing some of the upcoming games from E3, my interest in the system has grown.

So my question is can I play every game with the Pro Controller? If I can play any and all games without having to touch the Gamepad or a Wiimote, then this guy may be a new Wii U owner very soon.

PS. This is not a debate on why I should like the Gamepad or Wiimote.
---
This is just my opinion. I don't care if you agree with me or not.
#2YojimboohPosted 6/23/2013 9:42:38 PM
no, you can't
---
He had no friends, this Jonah Hex, but he did have two companions: one was death itself... the other, the acrid smell of gunsmoke.
#3FFXIgaiaknightPosted 6/23/2013 9:45:18 PM
out of the games the 13 games i own

New Super Mario Bros. U - yes as long as the game is fully updated
Nintendo Land - no just gamepad and wiimote
Game & Wario - no
Lego City Undercover - no
Ninja Gaiden 3 - yes
Monster Hunter 3 ultimate - yes
Call of Duty Black Ops 2 - yes
Assassin's creed 3 - yes
ZombiU only for multiplayer
Batman Arkham city - no
Darksiders 2 - yes
Sonic All stars racing - yes
New Super Luigi U - yes
---
3DS FC: 4124-5007-1536
NNI: Gaiaknight
#4AndyliiniPosted 6/23/2013 9:46:39 PM
Short: no. There are games that require the use of GamePad, such as ZombiU and Nintendo Land.

Then again, it really depends on which games you are planning to get. If all those games do support the use of Pro Controller, I wouldn't let the GamePad alone hinder my purchase.

And to the end, a must-to-have personal opinion. The gamePad is really light and comfortable to use, like upgraded Pro Controller. Also keep in mind that as of now, only ZombiU-pack comes with Pro Controller included, so you might want to keep an eye on that one. ZombiU is a great game, nonethless.
#5LordBowserPosted 6/23/2013 10:13:59 PM
I get not wanting to use Wii remotes, but I don't get not wanting to use the gamepad. What's wrong with the gamepad?

Very few games require wii remotes now and don't allow pro controllers, unless they are making use of motion controls. And there are not a lot of games like that on the Wii U right now, most make use of the gamepad instead.
---
I am Lord Bowser, King of the Koopas! Bwahaha..
Playing Bowser on Mario Kart, and Noxus on Metroid Prime. I am not a cookie cutter!
#6DarkMarc009Posted 6/23/2013 10:17:25 PM
Why wouldn't you want to use the gamepad? You know it has buttons, right?
#7darkjedilinkPosted 6/24/2013 4:39:53 AM
Not only can you NOT use the Pro Controller for every game, you need the GamePad AND a TV just to set up the console.

As such, if you like the games that are coming out, you need to get over your stupid controllerphobia and buy the system. Or don't get over your stupid controllerphobia and don't buy the system, and please shut up about it. Nobody cares that you're still stuck in the PS1 days with a controller, and are unwilling to accept that controllers change and get things added so that games can advance.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#8NiftyManZPosted 6/24/2013 5:19:46 AM
Man, people are harsh... I would suggest trying the gamepad before axing it completely. It is very comfortable. That being said... You still may not like it.

Anyways, the list above is a good reference to what games use the game pad and what you can use the procontriller for. I believe it was stated at e3 that the next smash will not require the use of the gamepad.
---
BREAK IT DOWN KIRBY!! (^'-')^ (^'-')> (>'-')> <('-'^) ^('-'^) (^'-')^ (^'-')> (>'-')> <('-'^) ^('-'^)
#9NoNeedF0RaName(Topic Creator)Posted 6/24/2013 7:56:04 AM(edited)
darkjedilink posted...
Not only can you NOT use the Pro Controller for every game, you need the GamePad AND a TV just to set up the console.

As such, if you like the games that are coming out, you need to get over your stupid controllerphobia and buy the system. Or don't get over your stupid controllerphobia and don't buy the system, and please shut up about it. Nobody cares that you're still stuck in the PS1 days with a controller, and are unwilling to accept that controllers change and get things added so that games can advance.

Was this really necessary? Not liking the gamepad or Wiimotes is my perogitive. Its not like I am telling you to be like me and not like them as well. Its a personal preference and I get that not everybody has this same opinion. Perhaps one day you will figure out what an opinion is.

With that said, I am willing to give the gamepad a go on games that require it. However, I am NOT willing to use the Wiimotes anymore. I tried and tried to like them on my Wii and I just couldn't get into it at all.

So am I able to just look on the back of game boxes to determine which games support gamepad/pro controllers and which runs require the Wiimote?
---
This is just my opinion. I don't care if you agree with me or not.
#10XenilPosted 6/24/2013 7:55:27 AM
Wii U is such a mess, you should be able to use whatever controllers you want instead of playing guess the controller.