Can I use the Pro Controller with every Wii U game?

#11The_DOAMPosted 6/24/2013 9:05:45 AM
NoNeedF0RaName posted...
darkjedilink posted...
Not only can you NOT use the Pro Controller for every game, you need the GamePad AND a TV just to set up the console.

As such, if you like the games that are coming out, you need to get over your stupid controllerphobia and buy the system. Or don't get over your stupid controllerphobia and don't buy the system, and please shut up about it. Nobody cares that you're still stuck in the PS1 days with a controller, and are unwilling to accept that controllers change and get things added so that games can advance.

Was this really necessary? Not liking the gamepad or Wiimotes is my perogitive. Its not like I am telling you to be like me and not like them as well. Its a personal preference and I get that not everybody has this same opinion. Perhaps one day you will figure out what an opinion is.

With that said, I am willing to give the gamepad a go on games that require it. However, I am NOT willing to use the Wiimotes anymore. I tried and tried to like them on my Wii and I just couldn't get into it at all.

So am I able to just look on the back of game boxes to determine which games support gamepad/pro controllers and which runs require the Wiimote?

Dude has some serious issues and is the definition of a flaming fanboy so don't pay attention to him.

Lots of people don't like the Gamepad but Nintendo is listening NSMBU for instance didn't original come with pro-controller supoort but it was added later in a patch. The Pro-Controller is a product offered by Nintendo and Controllerphobes like darkjedilink need to get over their hate for the device becasue it is a device Nintendo will be supporting. Their rectifying a mistake with the Wii by relying to heavily on the Wiimote and not including more support for their classic controller. Nintendo is a company that tries to be all encompassing so if you get a WiiU I'm sure their will be more than enough games that make use of the Pro-controller. Also after Initial set-up you no longer need to use the Gamepad. Maybe after the second major patch we won't even need it for setup.

A number of the games shown during E3 also support the controller.
---
Ignorance is Bliss...
#12darkjedilinkPosted 6/24/2013 9:29:40 AM
NoNeedF0RaName posted...
darkjedilink posted...
Not only can you NOT use the Pro Controller for every game, you need the GamePad AND a TV just to set up the console.

As such, if you like the games that are coming out, you need to get over your stupid controllerphobia and buy the system. Or don't get over your stupid controllerphobia and don't buy the system, and please shut up about it. Nobody cares that you're still stuck in the PS1 days with a controller, and are unwilling to accept that controllers change and get things added so that games can advance.

Was this really necessary? Not liking the gamepad or Wiimotes is my perogitive. Its not like I am telling you to be like me and not like them as well. Its a personal preference and I get that not everybody has this same opinion. Perhaps one day you will figure out what an opinion is.

With that said, I am willing to give the gamepad a go on games that require it. However, I am NOT willing to use the Wiimotes anymore. I tried and tried to like them on my Wii and I just couldn't get into it at all.

Yes, it was necessary. You stated in your first post that you are unwilling to even LOOK at the Wii U solely on the basis of the GamePad, without ever even giving it a shot. As such, I doubt you ever gave the Wii Remote a shot. You haven't listed a single game using the Wii Remote that you played, which leads me to believe that you just saw "new controller" and said "eww."

So am I able to just look on the back of game boxes to determine which games support gamepad/pro controllers and which runs require the Wiimote?

Yes. If you actually did some research into the console, requiring as little effort as reading the sticky (less effort than making this stupid topic, for sure), instead of just whining "NEW CONTROLLER WAAAAAAHHHH!" you'd know that.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#13NoNeedF0RaName(Topic Creator)Posted 6/24/2013 2:03:57 PM
Darkjedilink: Are you a 10 year old kid? Never did I whine in my original post. I just stated my opinion. You seem to be taking some unhealthy personal offense to it. Does it bother you that somebody else's opinion differs from yours? Darkjedilink, meet world. World, meet Darkjedilink.

I didn't create this post to tell people the controllers suck and that anybody who likes them is stupid, but of course people like you just pick and choose what they read and twist it any way they can. I have never used the ignore feature on here, but I think I'm about to.
---
This is just my opinion. I don't care if you agree with me or not.
#14darkjedilinkPosted 6/24/2013 2:10:56 PM
NoNeedF0RaName posted...
Darkjedilink: Are you a 10 year old kid? Never did I whine in my original post. I just stated my opinion. You seem to be taking some unhealthy personal offense to it. Does it bother you that somebody else's opinion differs from yours? Darkjedilink, meet world. World, meet Darkjedilink.

I didn't create this post to tell people the controllers suck and that anybody who likes them is stupid
, but of course people like you just pick and choose what they read and twist it any way they can. I have never used the ignore feature on here, but I think I'm about to.

That's exactly what you did with your very first line in the very first post. The whole point of this thread is "I don't want to use the controllers every game is made to use because they aren't the same controllers we've been using for almost two decades."
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie