Anyone else concerned that the X trailers mostly seem to focus on graphics?

#1AdamLazarusoPosted 6/24/2013 12:31:46 AM
I am.
---
We should make a verbal agreement to only kiss each other.
#2EmeralDragon23Posted 6/24/2013 12:33:00 AM
No, because it's Takahashi, Dude gets off on writing complex stories and then criticizing himself after.
---
El Psy Congroo
Currently Playing: Fire Emblem: Awakening, Metroid: Other M, Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Justice For All, Devil Survivor: Overclocked, Madworld
#3kukingina2Posted 6/24/2013 12:33:23 AM
xenoblade was overrated and terrible so I expect nothing more from the sequel
---
Is Metroid's gun part of his armor or is he a cyborg like Data from Star wars?
3ds fc: 4940-5506-2047
#4-NotoriousLynxPosted 6/24/2013 12:35:41 AM
I would agree if it weren't for the fact they showed gameplay, the HUD, possible multiplayer elements, mech gameplay, the ability to turn the mechs into ground vehicles as well as fly, combat, and open-world elements.
#5AdamLazaruso(Topic Creator)Posted 6/24/2013 12:52:15 AM
So pretty much all visual things?
---
We should make a verbal agreement to only kiss each other.
#6BeanBeanKingdomPosted 6/24/2013 12:55:02 AM
Soraya Saga (wife of the game director and working on the game) said those are not trailers, just teasers. So yeah, they're focused on visuals because they're not proper trailers yet.
---
Had a Street Fighter signature for four years, but Crapcom doesn't deserve such recognition anymore.
#7AsuirPosted 6/24/2013 12:56:02 AM
I think he's trying to set the stage for future reveals. Show off a bit of the world.
---
Ftw!
#8Seifer_usPosted 6/24/2013 1:49:27 AM
That's ridiculous. They showed snippets of gameplay in there. What more are you looking for? The only aspect they were lean on was story, and honestly, wouldn't you rather be surprised where that's concerned? Would you rather it was like the Final Fantasy XV trailer and basically spelled everything out for us?

Considering how much of the UI was shown in the very first trailer, I count that as a pretty good sign that the focus isn't just on "pretty graphics".

kukingina2 posted...
xenoblade was overrated and terrible so I expect nothing more from the sequel

I'm so sorry that you have such terrible taste.
---
Official Noctis of the Kingdom Hearts III Board
PSN ID: Shawnji Trophy List: http://psnprofiles.com/Shawnji
#9AmakusaPosted 6/24/2013 1:55:10 AM
Seifer_us posted...
That's ridiculous. They showed snippets of gameplay in there.

Nearly all of it was gameplay, actually.
---
I will rule the world, and find that truly good cup of coffee.
#10nonexistingheroPosted 6/24/2013 1:59:32 AM
-NotoriousLynx posted...
I would agree if it weren't for the fact they showed gameplay, the HUD, possible multiplayer elements, mech gameplay, the ability to turn the mechs into ground vehicles as well as fly, combat, and open-world elements.

Pretty much. The game looks beautiful, but it focused on things you'll be doing and seeing when actually playing the game. If they were to show off just graphics they would've zoomed in on pencils to show the individual molecules or something, like what most devs seem to be doing with their trailers.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.