will the gaming industry crash again?

#1lastofus1999Posted 6/24/2013 3:43:01 AM
note how the last 2 systems released, the vita and the wii U, don't sell well.
---
Last of us Metascore: 94,86! Best game ever! Can't wait for the ps 4 to be released. Gen 8: wii U > xbone >>>>>> pos 4
#2lastofus1999(Topic Creator)Posted 6/24/2013 3:43:16 AM
in b4 ms
---
Last of us Metascore: 94,86! Best game ever! Can't wait for the ps 4 to be released. Gen 8: wii U > xbone >>>>>> pos 4
#3JackalPosted 6/24/2013 3:48:19 AM
Someday, yes, it will.
---
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak, Ouya: Zeek_Bronz
#4LordBowserPosted 6/24/2013 3:55:12 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#5LordBowserPosted 6/24/2013 3:56:46 AM
Another troll topic from an extremely obvious troll. I thought he would have used up his 5 topics a day already. I guess not.

It just dawned on me that I forgot to ignore him as well. I recommend anyone actually reading these topics to do the same, he just posts as much garbage as his new account will let him. Which fortunately, is limited.
---
I am Lord Bowser, King of the Koopas! Bwahaha..
Playing Bowser on Mario Kart, and Noxus on Metroid Prime. I am not a cookie cutter!
#6jackorhoadsPosted 6/24/2013 3:57:55 AM
No - at least not in the near future. What will change (like always) is what the consumer demands. Now a traditional gaming system is a thing of the past - they need to play movies, CD's, go online etc
---
Gamefaqs: Where 14 year olds make fun of 13 year olds for acting like 12 year olds
PSN: jacksonrr & Wiiu Nintendo Network ID: SonicKidd
#7TerotrousPosted 6/24/2013 4:00:14 AM
No, gaming is too distributed to crash now. You could lose, say, the entirety of console development, and it would keep going with PC, mobile, and handheld gaming.

It's fairly clear though that gaming is going through a transition period where graphics and technology are reaching their limits. Some companies that cannot adapt to this may end up dropping out.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "NES Yume Penguin Monogatari"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#8STN79Posted 6/24/2013 4:24:41 AM
Yes the gaming industry will crash about as soon as movies stop being made and earth is over run by giant Crab people from Venus. Seriously people use some sense. We're not living in 1983 anymore and games aren't made up of little stick figures. You wanna know why the game industry crashed the first time? Because the technology sucked and developers didn't have much to work with. Well that and somebody thought it was a good idea to make a game based on ET.
#9monkeyspoonPosted 6/24/2013 4:31:40 AM
LordBowser posted...
Another troll topic from an extremely obvious troll. I thought he would have used up his 5 topics a day already. I guess not.

It just dawned on me that I forgot to ignore him as well. I recommend anyone actually reading these topics to do the same, he just posts as much garbage as his new account will let him. Which fortunately, is limited.

He'll be banned again soon. It's happened at least 3 times already this year. berenddebeer/msunshine/ninsony12/lastofus1999 should just quit.
---
Last of Us is the best game of gen 7. Can't wait for PS4
Gen 8=PS4>XB1>WiiU
#10blunderminePosted 6/24/2013 4:34:18 AM
Terotrous posted...
No, gaming is too distributed to crash now. You could lose, say, the entirety of console development, and it would keep going with PC, mobile, and handheld gaming.

It's fairly clear though that gaming is going through a transition period where graphics and technology are reaching their limits. Some companies that cannot adapt to this may end up dropping out.

If all of the consoles bottomed out but there's still a PC market, that's still a crash.
---
So if Nintendo changed the name of the Wii - U, would they be pulling a U-Wii?