Can I play Mario Galaxy and Twilight Princess on Wii U?

#1ArmedaPosted 6/24/2013 9:44:13 AM
Hey, thinking of getting a Wii U, but was wondering if I could buy TP and MG for the Wii U, and play it with the gamepad, instead of having to buy the nunchuck?
#2b1gt0nePosted 6/24/2013 9:44:55 AM
nope
#3cruelbirdPosted 6/24/2013 9:45:41 AM
You can play them on the Wii U, but only with Wiimote and Nunchuck.

If you can find the GC copy of Twilight Princess, you can play that on your regular Wii with a Gamecube controller.
---
http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/3695/sigbase.jpg
#4P-APEPosted 6/24/2013 9:46:54 AM
It's a wii game. Yes, get a wiimote and nunchuck! It's worth it also for wii u games.
#5Armeda(Topic Creator)Posted 6/24/2013 9:47:11 AM
I sold my Wii a long time ago, about a year after it's release, but all these new mario games & the upcoming Super Smash is getting me interested. Unfortunately I can't afford buying a Wii U, the games ++ the hella expensive Wii controllers right now.

Must say that this is a huge disappointment :(
#6GodofLazinessPosted 6/24/2013 9:49:48 AM
Armeda posted...
I sold my Wii a long time ago, about a year after it's release, but all these new mario games & the upcoming Super Smash is getting me interested. Unfortunately I can't afford buying a Wii U, the games ++ the hella expensive Wii controllers right now.

Must say that this is a huge disappointment :(

Why were you expecting a Wii game to be compatible with the Gamepad? Serious question.
---
Official Guardian Knight Slacker of Safe Haven.
Light blinds us and forces us to stumble about in ignorance - Altair
#7cruelbirdPosted 6/24/2013 9:50:28 AM
I believe Gamestop has used Wiis for something like $80 now.
---
http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/3695/sigbase.jpg
#8Armeda(Topic Creator)Posted 6/24/2013 9:52:30 AM
cruelbird posted...
I believe Gamestop has used Wiis for something like $80 now.

Unfortunately I live in a medium size town in Norway, where we don't have used electronics shops, and in Norway I can get two PS3/Xbox360 controllers for the price of one Wii controller, so it's kinda expensive :|
#9iKhanicPosted 6/24/2013 9:52:49 AM
cruelbird posted...

If you can find the GC copy of Twilight Princess, you can play that on your regular Wii with a Gamecube controller.

You can also play the Wii of TP version w/o motion controls by turning the pointer off
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
Dictator of the Zelda Wii U Board
#10DeathSoul2000Posted 6/24/2013 9:54:25 AM
iKhanic posted...
cruelbird posted...

You can also play the Wii of TP version w/o motion controls by turning the pointer off

uh no you can't.