Let go of Star Fox and F-Zero, they won't sell if they are brought back

#1Shovel_BreakPosted 6/24/2013 11:41:28 AM
Star Fox is an on-rails game, you know what place there was for on-rails game last gen? Wiimote, PS Move, and Kinect.... which no one was happy with these games. And the on-rails experiences just no longer feel good with how gaming has evolved and the freedom we have

F-Zero is a futuristic racer, WipEout couldnt even stay successful in the PS3 gen because there is no market for games like it.

These are oldschool games, arcade experiences that would be lucky to do well on PlayStation and Xbox but would be surefire failures on the Wii U. That's why these series havent been brought back, Miyamoto meant by saying he doesnt know what to do with F-Zero that he really doesnt know how to make casuals and families appeal to F-Zero and buy it.

So please, stop dreaming and hoping for these dead series to be looked at again by Nintendo. I'd love a new Streets of Rage, Blasto, and other games that worked well in another time period but Star Fox and F-Zero like those series have no place on today's consoles
---
Naughty Dog's "The Last of Us"
Gaming has reached a new level (Only on PlayStation)
#2niklingPosted 6/24/2013 11:42:39 AM
Ok. I'm very sorry.
#3ThatGuyZPosted 6/24/2013 11:44:40 AM
Shovel_Break posted...
Star Fox is an on-rails game, you know what place there was for on-rails game last gen? Wiimote, PS Move, and Kinect.... which no one was happy with these games. And the on-rails experiences just no longer feel good with how gaming has evolved and the freedom we have

F-Zero is a futuristic racer, WipEout couldnt even stay successful in the PS3 gen because there is no market for games like it.

These are oldschool games, arcade experiences that would be lucky to do well on PlayStation and Xbox but would be surefire failures on the Wii U. That's why these series havent been brought back, Miyamoto meant by saying he doesnt know what to do with F-Zero that he really doesnt know how to make casuals and families appeal to F-Zero and buy it.

So please, stop dreaming and hoping for these dead series to be looked at again by Nintendo. I'd love a new Streets of Rage, Blasto, and other games that worked well in another time period but Star Fox and F-Zero like those series have no place on today's consoles

Fail Topic is Fail.

Move along people, nothing to see here.
---
At this point, only one word signifies me:..yes.
3DS: 5370-0900-3336/Wii-U: NewZen41
#4Shovel_Break(Topic Creator)Posted 6/24/2013 11:51:22 AM
ThatGuyZ posted...
Shovel_Break posted...

Fail Topic is Fail.

All you're doing with your reply is showing you have no counter to everything I said, and my words made you upset and nervous
---
Naughty Dog's "The Last of Us"
Gaming has reached a new level (Only on PlayStation)
#5Prince ShondronaiPosted 6/24/2013 11:56:27 AM
Why do they have to be $60 retail games? What would be wrong with a $20-$30 eShop SNES/N64-style Star Fox, or F-Zero on the level with X?
---
One of us. One of us. One of us.
#6vanni_boiPosted 6/24/2013 12:04:35 PM
my favorite futuristic racer was Star Wars Episode I: Racer
I've tried others and it just wasn't that great. I do agree with your opinion. I think realistic racing games are more popular these days.
---
Brawl FC 5327 1184 8165 | PSN: vanniboi
ASUS Rampage II Gene - i7 920 w/ Tru-120e - Ati HD 5850 - 6 gb DDR3 - WD 750 GB HD - OCZ 750W ||| tinyurl.com/l9b6557
#7userfrigginamePosted 6/24/2013 12:07:12 PM
You do know that Star Fox's gameplay doesn't have to ALWAYS be a fixed rail game, right? They can also make it a third person adventure game, and still have its signature rail part.
#8MoonBoundPosted 6/24/2013 12:08:01 PM
Shovel_Break posted...

disagree with f zero there arent very many good futuristic racing games and they could make star fox free roam by letting you explore space and going on missions to different planets.
---
I used to be an adventurer like you until I took an arrow in the knee, microsoft said deal with it!
#9ThatGuyZPosted 6/24/2013 12:09:10 PM
Shovel_Break posted...
ThatGuyZ posted...
Shovel_Break posted...

Fail Topic is Fail.

All you're doing with your reply is showing you have no counter to everything I said, and my words made you upset and nervous

And your topic is pretty much made to upset people to get a response...which is trolling.

What's there to counter? Stupidity only needs to be criticized.
---
At this point, only one word signifies me:..yes.
3DS: 5370-0900-3336/Wii-U: NewZen41
#10The_Shadow_LinkPosted 6/24/2013 12:48:08 PM
Nothing but First Person Shooters sell. Why doesn't Nintendo drop everything and start making FPS's.

See how dumb this is?
---
Wanting to become a wolf to end all of my life's problems.
People who agree with me: 37, Comment about it if you agree. ~*Ancient Status*~