Has anyone tried to Nyko Pro Commander controller?

#1JirynPosted 6/24/2013 2:49:31 PM
Has anyone tried the Nyko Pro Commander controller?
Seen here http://www.amazon.com/Pro-Commander-Wii-U-Nintendo/dp/B00ANHBJBY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1372110485&sr=8-1&keywords=Nyko+Wii+U+pro

I'm looking for a cheap, and effective alternative to the official pro controller, but I usually go with official products because off brands are dubious at best I've found since the SNES days.

So, has anyone tried this controller?
Is it worth it compared to the Pro?
---
Mewtwo_Soul: "You can't trust a smile from Sony, but you'd better watch your back after shaking Microsoft's hand."
#2Jiryn(Topic Creator)Posted 6/24/2013 4:43:02 PM
Anyone?
It looks interesting.
---
Mewtwo_Soul: "You can't trust a smile from Sony, but you'd better watch your back after shaking Microsoft's hand."
#3_Sovereign_Posted 6/24/2013 4:51:51 PM
Nope, 3rd party controllers haven't touch my consoles since the Genesis days, and it's going to stay that way.
---
I do not return to topics. I say my peace and move on. If you draw issues with what I say, then by all means, inbox me.
#4gamerso1990Posted 6/24/2013 4:52:46 PM
Don't get it. It feels really cheaply made. The Wii U Pro Controller is vastly superior.
#5RahzarXPosted 6/24/2013 4:57:26 PM
I used this controller on my Android tablet, number 1 issue, it never syncs properly.

It's also really light and feels cheap. It's comfortable and everything, but it's not worth 30 dollars.

Just buck up and get the official, you'll be so glad you did.
---
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."
#6Jiryn(Topic Creator)Posted 6/24/2013 5:26:40 PM
RahzarX posted...
I used this controller on my Android tablet, number 1 issue, it never syncs properly.

It's also really light and feels cheap. It's comfortable and everything, but it's not worth 30 dollars.

Just buck up and get the official, you'll be so glad you did.

I have one official, the right analog placement bother me. The rest of sturdy and fine however.
---
#7elbarto1Posted 6/24/2013 5:40:12 PM
gamerso1990 posted...
Don't get it. It feels really cheaply made. The Wii U Pro Controller is vastly superior.

I don't have experience with either but "too light and cheaply made" is what I keep reading about the official pro controller.

I really like the design of that commander but have rarely had good luck w 3rd party controllers.

The price and layout is attractive though.

Amazon reviews seem very mixed.
---
I DON'T KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT!
:XBL: THE B0DY :PSN: THE_BODY_ :NNID: The_B0DY
#8Jiryn(Topic Creator)Posted 6/24/2013 7:31:04 PM
elbarto1 posted...
gamerso1990 posted...

I don't have experience with either but "too light and cheaply made" is what I keep reading about the official pro controller.

I really like the design of that commander but have rarely had good luck w 3rd party controllers.

Exactly on all counts.
---
#9elbarto1Posted 6/25/2013 8:11:12 PM
Rolled the dice and bought it. It feels good and plays well. Only tried it briefly on a quick black ops game but it felt good.

Will try it out more and report back.
---
I DON'T KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT!
:XBL: THE B0DY :PSN: THE_BODY_ :NNID: The_B0DY
#10choco manPosted 6/25/2013 9:58:20 PM
Marblesbunbun posted...
elbarto1 posted...
gamerso1990 posted...

Exactly on all counts.

The official pro controller is heavier than a PS3 controller and not cheaply made at all.
---
...l...i...t...t...l...e...m...o...n...e...y...