Why is the Wii U selling so bad? >=/

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Why is the Wii U selling so bad? >=/

User Info: Lord_Kawaii

Lord_Kawaii
3 years ago#1
This upsets me. Nintendo needs to be #1 again this gen (like every generation except the GameCube)
Kawaii ^_^

User Info: Buretsu

Buretsu
3 years ago#2
Lack of games. But that's going to be changing over the next few months.
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit

User Info: shadestreet

shadestreet
3 years ago#3
And the N64

User Info: LaLiLuLeLoSnake

LaLiLuLeLoSnake
3 years ago#4
don't forget n64

User Info: pearlarowana

pearlarowana
3 years ago#5
imo because none of wii u games are setting it apart as next gen.. all og its games look pretty do-able on ps3/360..
this is likely because of wii u weak hardware specs

if you look at sales.. globally. more than 12 times more people buying new ps3+360 than wii u.. they just dont want to upgrade to wii u because..well.. its not really an upgrade.
Drones Topic Derailing guidelines ..(rofl)
1) insult nick name 2) insult user level 3) Insult English and grammar

User Info: thundercat2600

thundercat2600
3 years ago#6
- nothing "next-gen" about it
- most of the interesting "launch window" games got delayed, cancelled, and/or lost exclusivity
- stupid, confusing name and marketing
- very expensive for a Nintendo console

It's difficult to find even one thing Nintendo did right with the Wii U launch. In the future, Wii U will be used as a case study in how not to launch a console.
Nintendo stock the day before Wii U was announced: 26,500
Nintendo stock today: 9,200

User Info: ARushAndAPush

ARushAndAPush
3 years ago#7
Lack of games.

The sole reason to buy a Nintendo console is Nintendo's games.
So far, they've released 3. 2 Mini game collections and a 2D Mario.

Similarly, very few people bought a 3DS when the only Nintendo games were Steel Diver and Nintendogs.

User Info: elbarto1

elbarto1
3 years ago#8
The system doesn't have that "wow" factor. Its not doing anything new aside from the tablet. Which is basically a big DS.

I like my wiiu but I totally see/understand why its not selling

No killer app games. Yet.
No real online service aside from a few games.
Nothing that's "better" than current gen so it feasible that it won't be able to compete w next gen.

Its a fun system. But its doing nothing special,new,next.
I DON'T KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT!
:XBL: THE B0DY :PSN: THE_BODY_ :NNID: The_B0DY

User Info: darkbuster

darkbuster
3 years ago#9
When you get right down to it, Nintendo's image has a lot to do with it; it hasn't exactly been the best past the SNES, but most of it is coming from the back draft of the Wii. Despite the N64 & Gamecube being respectable systems power wise, graphics HAVE unfortunately become a key selling point for games, & the Wii marked Nintendo as being underpowered & the association for all those minigame shovelware collections.

Another issue is the aesthetics of their flagships. Truth is, a lot of people are still ashamed to admit they play videogames, unless it's something dark & edgey. It's the same phenomenon that allowed comics such as Spawn to succeed in the 90's. Nintendo needs new IPs not for some shallow "fresh & new" BS people sheepishly repeat everywhere, but for something that doesn't have any established images. Even in gaming circles, it's still a surprise that Monolith's games are now under the Nintendo brand.
Remember kids, it's only an RPG until someone gets hit with a meteor; Then it's a JRPG!
SSBB: 3869 0521 7142

User Info: Zato Infinite

Zato Infinite
3 years ago#10
what were the sales figures for May?
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Why is the Wii U selling so bad? >=/

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived