Why is the Wii U selling so bad? >=/

#1Lord_KawaiiPosted 6/24/2013 4:40:04 PM
This upsets me. Nintendo needs to be #1 again this gen (like every generation except the GameCube)
---
Kawaii ^_^
#2BuretsuPosted 6/24/2013 4:41:05 PM
Lack of games. But that's going to be changing over the next few months.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#3shadestreetPosted 6/24/2013 4:41:14 PM
And the N64
#4LaLiLuLeLoSnakePosted 6/24/2013 4:41:22 PM
don't forget n64
#5pearl arowanaPosted 6/24/2013 4:46:14 PM
imo because none of wii u games are setting it apart as next gen.. all og its games look pretty do-able on ps3/360..
this is likely because of wii u weak hardware specs

if you look at sales.. globally. more than 12 times more people buying new ps3+360 than wii u.. they just dont want to upgrade to wii u because..well.. its not really an upgrade.
---
Drones Topic Derailing guidelines ..(rofl)
1) insult nick name 2) insult user level 3) Insult English and grammar
#6thundercat2600Posted 6/24/2013 5:11:02 PM
- nothing "next-gen" about it
- most of the interesting "launch window" games got delayed, cancelled, and/or lost exclusivity
- stupid, confusing name and marketing
- very expensive for a Nintendo console

It's difficult to find even one thing Nintendo did right with the Wii U launch. In the future, Wii U will be used as a case study in how not to launch a console.
---
Nintendo stock the day before Wii U was announced: 26,500
Nintendo stock today: 9,200
#7ARushAndAPushPosted 6/24/2013 5:14:48 PM
Lack of games.

The sole reason to buy a Nintendo console is Nintendo's games.
So far, they've released 3. 2 Mini game collections and a 2D Mario.

Similarly, very few people bought a 3DS when the only Nintendo games were Steel Diver and Nintendogs.
#8elbarto1Posted 6/24/2013 5:18:17 PM
The system doesn't have that "wow" factor. Its not doing anything new aside from the tablet. Which is basically a big DS.

I like my wiiu but I totally see/understand why its not selling

No killer app games. Yet.
No real online service aside from a few games.
Nothing that's "better" than current gen so it feasible that it won't be able to compete w next gen.

Its a fun system. But its doing nothing special,new,next.
---
I DON'T KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT!
:XBL: THE B0DY :PSN: THE_BODY_ :NNID: The_B0DY
#9darkbusterPosted 6/24/2013 5:20:22 PM
When you get right down to it, Nintendo's image has a lot to do with it; it hasn't exactly been the best past the SNES, but most of it is coming from the back draft of the Wii. Despite the N64 & Gamecube being respectable systems power wise, graphics HAVE unfortunately become a key selling point for games, & the Wii marked Nintendo as being underpowered & the association for all those minigame shovelware collections.

Another issue is the aesthetics of their flagships. Truth is, a lot of people are still ashamed to admit they play videogames, unless it's something dark & edgey. It's the same phenomenon that allowed comics such as Spawn to succeed in the 90's. Nintendo needs new IPs not for some shallow "fresh & new" BS people sheepishly repeat everywhere, but for something that doesn't have any established images. Even in gaming circles, it's still a surprise that Monolith's games are now under the Nintendo brand.
---
Remember kids, it's only an RPG until someone gets hit with a meteor; Then it's a JRPG!
SSBB: 3869 0521 7142
#10Zato InfinitePosted 6/24/2013 5:26:27 PM
what were the sales figures for May?