Why is the Wii U selling so bad? >=/

#21ZBug_Posted 6/24/2013 7:07:56 PM
pearl arowana posted...
imo because none of wii u games are setting it apart as next gen.. all og its games look pretty do-able on ps3/360..
this is likely because of wii u weak hardware specs

I hate to say it, but this is probably pretty true.
---
"I've never in my life wanted to punch a girl like I want to right now" Light Yagami
3DS FC 3995-6522-2067 (PM me so I can add you back)
#22LightHawKnightPosted 6/24/2013 7:15:18 PM
ZBug_ posted...
pearl arowana posted...
imo because none of wii u games are setting it apart as next gen.. all og its games look pretty do-able on ps3/360..
this is likely because of wii u weak hardware specs

I hate to say it, but this is probably pretty true.

Cept for the fact that all early games can never use the full potential of any system.
---
The Official Odin of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
"You know how confusing the whole good-evil concept is for me."
#23Nerreltron9000Posted 6/24/2013 7:18:24 PM
The controller isn't interesting to most people. It usually displays a map or inventory screen and aside from that is identical to what the competitors offer. The gamepad hasn't demonstrated that its worth the compromise in hardware and Nintendo is doing nothing to convince people otherwise; not a single game shown at e3 had any compelling use for it.

It costs nearly as much as the PS4 while offering only a moderate jump over the last gen. The hardware is sacrificed for the gamepad, which is so underutilized that the system may as well use a dual shock. Why pay the same amount just to use the same controller, but with worse graphics? Off-TV play alone isn't enough of a draw.

Many people are also under the false impression there isn't any hardware improvement at all, or that Wii U is even weaker than last gen, and Nintendo is avoiding all talk of hardware and doing nothing to correct them. The window to show off the graphical improvements over last gen (before the next gen systems release) was wasted on cheap PS360 ports with no visual enhancements.

Third party support is already bad and may never pick up , assuming Nintendo doesn't miraculously explode their installed user base within the next year.

Nintendo has eliminated any reason to buy the system outside of 1st party titles and none are available. A better question to ask is "why wouldn't the Wii U be selling badly?"
#24geneticsftwPosted 6/24/2013 7:22:46 PM
Girlfriends threatening to leave if the boyfriend buys it.
---
Sweet
#25DerekRossPosted 6/24/2013 7:28:18 PM
It's way too overpriced. $150-$200 is the sweet spot. Nintendo needs to learn that you make profit by selling software. It's okay to take small loses on the hardware because you want to built an install base big enough where 3rd party publisher could be comfortable with. lol@$350
#26toma13Posted 6/24/2013 7:29:34 PM
Nintendo does have a different image. They could have the technically best system out there, with the best CoD port, GTA5, all the rest, and it wouldn't matter a bit. People buy Nintendo systems to play Nintendo games. That's where people like Pachter are wrong. I think he said something like 90% of people who buy the Wii U would like to play CoD on it and that's why they buy a Playstation or Xbox. Not true. If 90% of Nintendo owners wanted CoD, they would buy CoD. What non-bundled game has the highest attach rate right now? New SMBU by far. That speaks volumes.
---
Username for pretty much everything: BngryBt
#27GSPgreasesPosted 6/24/2013 7:35:38 PM
its too comparable to current gen consoles,

plus not many games
#28ElectricMolePosted 6/24/2013 7:37:33 PM
Third party studios dont see much profitability in making games for the Upad.
---
NinNetID: ElectricMole, 3DS: 2406-6466-8802
http://psnprofiles.com/kronekodow7188
#29deathwave21Posted 6/24/2013 7:46:53 PM
Aside from the lack of software, many people are expecting a price drop. Once the good games come out and the holdouts realize there won't be a price drop they will buy the system. Even more will buy when they realize that $400 and $500 will only buy them a bare-bones PS4/XBone (respectively).
---
Do you want to go to college for free? Go Marines!
#30LoschenPosted 6/24/2013 8:02:41 PM
No strong first party games, most people buy a Nintendo console to play Nintendo games. All the big system sellers are coming late 2013 - mid 2014.
---