Why is the Wii U selling so bad? >=/

#41AstralFrostPosted 6/24/2013 9:07:37 PM
sonic777 posted...
I'm glad my happiness isn't tied to how many units Nintendo sells.

Your future happiness will be when it doesn't get support due to selling poorly. Stop being so selfish and admit that it upsets you.
---
Man at this rate I wouldn't be surprised if Mr. Iwata committed sudoku on himself
#42Golden MavenPosted 6/24/2013 9:18:03 PM
Gee, it's pretty easy to find reasons

- Iwata
- No system seller (Mario 2D was their best shot...)
- Emphasis on the wrong games (let's see, Zelda WW, Pikmin, and a glorified 3DS game?)
- Terrible design (come on, no internal HDD? USB2?)
- Clunky controller driving up the cost
- The casuals are on their iPads and couldn't care less about the Wii U
- The core gamers have a "fool me once" attitude now
- PS4, which smokes the Wii U in power, is only $50 more and already has a more promising launch lineup and prospects for its future (in terms of games and longevity - Sony consoles last a long time on the market)
- Iwata
#43sonic777Posted 6/24/2013 9:20:16 PM
Golden Maven posted...
Gee, it's pretty easy to find reasons

- Iwata
- No system seller (Mario 2D was their best shot...)
- Emphasis on the wrong games (let's see, Zelda WW, Pikmin, and a glorified 3DS game?)
- Terrible design (come on, no internal HDD? USB2?)
- Clunky controller driving up the cost
- The casuals are on their iPads and couldn't care less about the Wii U
- The core gamers have a "fool me once" attitude now
- PS4, which smokes the Wii U in power, is only $50 more and already has a more promising launch lineup and prospects for its future (in terms of games and longevity - Sony consoles last a long time on the market)
- Iwata

Don't forget Iwata.
---
<3 NINTENDO OMG
#44Golden MavenPosted 6/24/2013 9:22:03 PM
Good point. Iwata is another good reason.
#45TheUnboundOnePosted 6/24/2013 9:22:31 PM
Lord_Kawaii posted...
This upsets me. Nintendo needs to be #1 again this gen (like every generation except the GameCube)

A lack of games people want to play and hardware no one excited for. At this point Nintendo fans are a small but fanatical portion of the gaming community much like the Tea Party. Everyone else(Sony, Microsoft, Steam, etc) represents the rest of the country.
---
Truth is only known once you step outside the information bubble.
#46GodofLazinessPosted 6/24/2013 9:23:14 PM
Hey TC your Girlfriend letting you buy a Wii U? BTW nice job of fooling everyone on this topic 10/10.
---
Official Guardian Knight Slacker of Safe Haven.
Light blinds us and forces us to stumble about in ignorance - Altair
#47TallWhiteNinjaPosted 6/24/2013 9:28:46 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#48Prototype82Posted 6/24/2013 9:33:17 PM
Overpriced, weak hardware, and no decent software on the horizon.
#49gamebuyer22Posted 6/24/2013 9:35:18 PM
Ryan Si posted...
deathwave21 posted...
Aside from the lack of software, many people are expecting a price drop. Once the good games come out and the holdouts realize there won't be a price drop they will buy the system. Even more will buy when they realize that $400 and $500 will only buy them a bare-bones PS4/XBone (respectively).

As opposed to what? Spending $350 on a bare-bones Wii U? Oh wait, I forgot it comes with a game...sorry, I mean glorified demo that isn't worth more than $20....

Ya i said the same thing on page 4 in this thread and got a ridiculous response.
#50Kitda9Posted 6/24/2013 9:53:16 PM
You know, its cool and all that people buy NIntendo consoles to play Nintendo games, but being flexible is really the best way to go about it, and the WiiU is anything but. Think about it this way. If I had a choice of playing Battlefield 4 for the PS4, 180 or the WiiU, and I enjoy playing Mario games, I would have gotten a WiiU to enjoy them both, that's the strength of having 3rd party games.
---
"I reject your reality and substitute my own." Adam Savage of Mythbusters