Nintendo would be better off going third party

#1ElGadoPosted 6/24/2013 5:38:34 PM(edited)
They can't compete directly with the PS4 and Xbox One as those machines are too powerful and have an established third party base. Three consoles with the same graphics would leave Nintendo with the scraps if they decided to go that route, because the Microsoft and Sony base view Nintendo as too kiddy.

The underpowered gimmick route is not working right now. Look at the poor sales numbers, worst for a new console ever. While they were able to catch lighting with a bottle in the Wii, that fad is no longer viable. (Duh, btw.) Beanie babies were a thing, and so was the Wii. But fads die.

Furthermore, Nintendo's games have not even been very good as of late. Rehash after rehash, no new ideas and nothing revolutionary. Both Galaxy's are bad, the Zelda games aren't even in the same class anymore, and do we really need Mario Party 35 and Mario Kart 79?

Nintendo still has the best IP. Mario, Starfox, Zelda, Metroid, Donkey Kong. Nintendo would make more money if they decided to go third party. Call of Duty makes billions every year, and gamers should not be deprived of the great Nintendo IP. No one wants to waste their money on a worthless tablet gimmick, so Nintendo should just swallow its pride and do it for the benefit of all gamers.
#2KingTurtPosted 6/24/2013 5:37:44 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#3AhnoldDoodPosted 6/24/2013 5:37:58 PM
lolGado.
#4Wiiplayer111Posted 6/24/2013 5:38:05 PM
ElGado posted...
Both Galaxy's are bad

Joke topic? I hope.
---
Look at you.... sticking to the plan.
didyouknowgaming.com
#5ElGado(Topic Creator)Posted 6/24/2013 5:39:15 PM
Wiiplayer111 posted...
ElGado posted...
Both Galaxy's are bad

Joke topic? I hope.

Game is about as linear as FF 13.
#6jrb363Posted 6/24/2013 5:39:44 PM
Somebody woke up on the wrong side of the bed today. lol
---
I fundamentally believe that the initial market that we need to make sure we appeal to with any new platform... is really the gaming audience. - Kaz Hirai
#7Kiro_namiPosted 6/24/2013 5:41:21 PM
If you know what's good for you, you'll avoid this topic like the plague.
---
GameFAQs is like a car crash - you know it's horrible but you just can't turn away.
#8manmousePosted 6/24/2013 5:51:12 PM
ElGado posted...
Wiiplayer111 posted...
ElGado posted...
Both Galaxy's are bad

Joke topic? I hope.

the difference is that FF13's linearity involves no gameplay. the fights are a separate mechanic, and its linearity is just filler walking with automated, scripted leaps and such.

SMG's linearity is based on level design, challenges, obstacles, etc.

i assume you've never played a platformer.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b18HMqJW5A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nt1-XWiMveY
#9SegavsCapcomPosted 6/24/2013 5:52:34 PM
If Nintendo went third party, no one would win. Nintendo would lose a lot of money due to lost revenue streams. They would only make games garenteed to be successful, meaning less variety, meaning gamers lose.

As for complaining that Galaxy is linear...well yeah, its a platformer. The whole point of a platformer is to get from point A to point B. That's like complaining that fighting games suck because all you do is attack your opponent.
---
My sig will never happen, but it would be awesome if it did.
#10Soanevalcke6Posted 6/24/2013 5:57:25 PM
ElGado posted...
Wiiplayer111 posted...
ElGado posted...
Both Galaxy's are bad

Joke topic? I hope.

You cant be this stupid.
---
Prime Corruption humanizes aliens better than Other M humanizes humans.
PSN/NNID/Steam: Soanevalcke6