If nintendo had agreed to team up with sony to make the Nintendo Playstation...

#1kingbadjoPosted 6/24/2013 10:55:40 PM
If nintendo had agreed to team up with sony to make the Nintendo Playstation back in the day do you think it would have been a good or a bad thing for nintendo?

Well lets think of a couple things... The reason why nintendo's consoles are not as strong as the competitions is because it can't afford to sell their systems for as much of a loss as it's competitors because they have no other departments to get money from (you know how sony also makes electronics and Microsoft has windows..). Nintendo cannot lose as much money from these two because it is more crucial for them to make profits. Actually Nintendo has made more money off of the Gamecube and wii than sony has made from the ps2 and ps3 or microsoft with the xbox and xbox 360 because they sold their systems at such a huge loss.

Nintendo is makes much more money from the gaming industry than any of it's competitors.

Now... If nintendo and Sony HAD joined up when they were planning to what do you think gaming would be like today? Would Nintendo have lost it's soul and have all gaming reduced to brown-grey realistic shooters? What do you think?

And most importantly...Would Nintendo still be as profitable? Would they have started selling their ultra powerful systems at a loss and not have been as profitable?
---
I don't need violent videogames to reassure myself that I'm an adult.
#2lastofus1999Posted 6/24/2013 10:56:35 PM
It would have been a terrible thing for nintendo.
---
Last of us Metascore: 94,86! Now 94,74 :( Best game ever! Can't wait for the ps 4 to be released. Gen 8: wii U > xbone >>>>>> pos 4
#3BuretsuPosted 6/24/2013 10:58:31 PM
It really wouldn't have worked out well. Sony probably would have pulled out of the agreement at some point, perhaps because the CD drive ended up a failure, taking ownership of the properties created during the partnership with them.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#4Starwars4JPosted 6/24/2013 11:00:31 PM
kingbadjo posted...
Well lets think of a couple things... The reason why nintendo's consoles are not as strong as the competitions is because it can't afford to sell their systems for as much of a loss as it's competitors because they have no other departments to

So then why was the N64 stronger than the PS1 and the Gamecube stronger than the PS2? And I wish people would stop with the "multiple departments are a good thing" argument. That exact thing has seriously hurt Sony, not helped them.

Now... If nintendo and Sony HAD joined up when they were planning to what do you think gaming would be like today? Would Nintendo have lost it's soul and have all gaming reduced to brown-grey realistic shooters? What do you think?

All Sony would have done is make the hardware. Oh, and get money from every Nintendo game sold. When they saw that little clause snuck in there they showed Sony the door.
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#5DiscostewSMPosted 6/24/2013 11:02:29 PM
The contract between Sony and Nintendo stated that Sony would receive all the profits from the hardware, pushing Nintendo into a situation where they'd only be able to make money through software outside of handhelds. That was enough of a reason to overturn the table.

One of the reasons why Nintendo's software is so unique and grand is because of their control over the hardware. Take SM64. It's development initiated many changes to the N64, not the other way around.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#6XIIDarknessRikuPosted 6/24/2013 11:09:41 PM(edited)
Yes, another "going back into time and changing events" topic. Anyway, it would've been really bad. Like others said above me, Sony is going to get all the money at and gaming wouldn't been the same. Now if Nintendo teamed up with Sony again sometime in the future that would really be interesting...
#7IzraeilPosted 6/24/2013 11:08:51 PM
Can someone name all the Brown-Grey shooters Sony has made cause I can't find any other than the Resistance series.
#8ncb1397Posted 6/24/2013 11:14:24 PM
Izraeil posted...
Can someone name all the Brown-Grey shooters Sony has made cause I can't find any other than the Resistance series.

Killzone?

http://www.google.com/search?q=kilzone%203&bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&bvm=bv.48293060,d.dmg&biw=1000&bih=471&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=vjTJUf22GaP64AOGx4HwDg

yep, lots and lots of grey.
#9IzraeilPosted 6/24/2013 11:19:17 PM
ncb1397 posted...
Izraeil posted...

Killzone?

http://www.google.com/search?q=kilzone%203&bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&bvm=bv.48293060,d.dmg&biw=1000&bih=471&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=vjTJUf22GaP64AOGx4HwDg

yep, lots and lots of grey.

never played a killzone game so far, but KZ: Shadow Fall looks pretty colorful from what i've seen.
But still there must be alot more cause apparently that's all Sony's 12 in house studios ever make.
#10kingbadjo(Topic Creator)Posted 6/24/2013 11:25:05 PM
Please lets not change the subject. If you want make another topic and I will answer.. However I fear that if I answer here everyone will focus and debate as to the games that are under that description. I want this topic to stay talking about the sony and nintendo partner ship. Also when we say thats all sony has it does not necessarily mean it's MADE by sony. It means thats what most games on it's systems are (1st or 3rd party). Realistic as possible, dark games.
---
I don't need violent videogames to reassure myself that I'm an adult.