Super Smash Bros. lacks full cast due to time constraints

#11ChokusetsuPosted 6/25/2013 10:13:28 AM
If 'time' is the problem, you can pin the blame on everyone who whines when Sakurai delays a release.
#12promo123Posted 6/25/2013 10:14:49 AM
star_guy_100 posted...
i just get that vibe from nintendo. somethings too hard, too long to do now that they are making hd games, so they take shortcuts or dont give thier fans the full quality they expect. i forget who it was, maybe iwata, but a nintendo exec even said the wii u is not selling because the quality of their games hasnt been up to their standard.

instead of doing something thats going to take more time for a better experience, they cut back that experience at the cost of gamers because they need to get this out as soon as possible to get their dying console to start selling units

instead of spending a lot more money, a lot more time, and a lot more effort, to create a raelly amazing 3d mario experience, they take the cheaper, faster, and much less impressive mario experience. even though im not interested in 3d world, it might be an ok game, but it will never be a game at the same epicness level as mario 64, sunshine, or galaxy 1 and 2. and deep down i think all fans know it wont be that amazing, once in a gen experience like mario galaxy was. again nintendo needs a 3d mario game out as soon as possible because their console is in desperate need because they didnt plan things out well enough.

i think nintendo is adjusting to hd, realizing how much time and money it costs, they wernt ready for it and it kind of is screwing them now. so they are not giving us the highest quality experience we expect and they have delivered for so long.

First we complain that all of the games are being delayed, then we complain that the games are rushed. >_>

Just wait for Pikmin 3, the game wasn't delayed so many times so they could release a rushed game, they put the time into that game.
---
Everybody's havin' a good time with Poppy Bros!
#13LnkCldPosted 6/25/2013 10:16:29 AM
Thank goodness they added the Wii Fit girl in favor of any other character.
#14star_guy_100Posted 6/25/2013 10:24:09 AM
promo123 posted...
First we complain that all of the games are being delayed, then we complain that the games are rushed. >_>

Just wait for Pikmin 3, the game wasn't delayed so many times so they could release a rushed game, they put the time into that game.

i always say delays are usually good, if the developers need time to make it a better game. if its like rayman its a different situation, but if they need time to make the game they feel is best its always worth it for the gamer. not always the publisher because obviously nintendo feels they desperately need these games out yesturday based on the wii u sales. a lot of people are impatient though. nintendo has been so good about planning in the past that they can release these amazing games without having to delay it, rush developers, or cut it short. its just disappointing to see them doing this now when a lot of people need their faith in nintendo restored a little bit.
#15FlyinTonitePosted 6/25/2013 10:26:44 AM
I would rather have 25 unique characters than 50 characters with no real differences.
---
I'll be a jerk to strangers because this is the internet
i7 3770s @ 3.1ghz, asus gtx 660, gskill ripjaws 8 gb, ASUS|P8B75-V R, ocz 700w psu, 1.5 tb seagate hdd
#16Tsutarja495Posted 6/25/2013 10:33:21 AM
I hope they cut characters from series with multiple reps, and leave characters who are the only rep for their franchise alone. I want to see as many franchises represented as possible. All three of the new characters stand for series (Animal Crossing, Wii Fit, and Megaman), so they are good.

Cut characters from the likes of Zelda, Star Fox, Pokemon, and Mother. No need for two Links, no need for Pokemon Trainer giving Pokemon basically three more reps, and so on.
#17Banjo2553Posted 6/25/2013 10:34:44 AM
He...doesn't say there won't be a full roster. He just says there might be a chance that they'll have to remove characters, he's just apologizing in advance if it happens.

Now granted, it most likely will happen, but that's moreso not being able to put in every single character from previous Smash Bros. games into this one. Obviously some are going to be cut and replaced. I would like to see character DLC though.
---
Come see my game collection: http://www.backloggery.com/bakonbitz
#18woody71Posted 6/25/2013 10:37:50 AM
Im glad taking into account how imballanced some characters where in brawl
---
to the Grammar Police!-\/
http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/1062/50947440.gif
#19Rev0luti0nN0wPosted 6/25/2013 10:39:55 AM
star_guy_100 posted...
i just get that vibe from nintendo. somethings too hard, too long to do now that they are making hd games, so they take shortcuts or dont give thier fans the full quality they expect. i forget who it was, maybe iwata, but a nintendo exec even said the wii u is not selling because the quality of their games hasnt been up to their standard.

instead of doing something thats going to take more time for a better experience, they cut back that experience at the cost of gamers because they need to get this out as soon as possible to get their dying console to start selling units

instead of spending a lot more money, a lot more time, and a lot more effort, to create a raelly amazing 3d mario experience, they take the cheaper, faster, and much less impressive mario experience. even though im not interested in 3d world, it might be an ok game, but it will never be a game at the same epicness level as mario 64, sunshine, or galaxy 1 and 2. and deep down i think all fans know it wont be that amazing, once in a gen experience like mario galaxy was. again nintendo needs a 3d mario game out as soon as possible because their console is in desperate need because they didnt plan things out well enough.

i think nintendo is adjusting to hd, realizing how much time and money it costs, they wernt ready for it and it kind of is screwing them now. so they are not giving us the highest quality experience we expect and they have delivered for so long.

I think it has more to do with sales of the Wii U. I doubt they'd be rushing if it had 3ds sales.
---
PC: 2500k, 16 gb ram, 7970, 3 tb/2tb/128 gb samsung 830/6 monitor eyefinity
PSN: Zellio2010 Xbox Live: Zellio2009 NintendoID: Zellio2013
#20BeanBeanKingdomPosted 6/25/2013 10:41:10 AM
star_guy_100 posted...

Iwata said the opposite, actually. The Wii U underwent a drought in its first half a year because Nintendo decided to delay games to meet their usual quality standards. Just because you don't like the direction 3D Mario's taken, it doesn't mean they're rushing it.
---
Had a Street Fighter signature for four years, but Crapcom doesn't deserve such recognition anymore.