Super Smash Bros. lacks full cast due to time constraints

#31Baha05Posted 6/25/2013 12:12:45 PM
FilthyLittleBoi posted...
woooo more rushed games from nintendo

Cause 2014 is rushed.
---
"I will take the advice of PS3 over you, any day of the week. Especially, when you state that all aspect ratios are the same." Some Crazy Guy
#32KinthurPosted 6/25/2013 12:14:18 PM
GloryChaos posted...
The idea of embracing DLC before the game is even out is rubbish. You try your best to complete the game. Then when it's done, DLC could come later. I don't respect the idea that any developer goes ahead and confirms that DLC will be a thing while they're still working on the game.

Agreed. DLC just seems like it could be an excuse to half-ass the game now with a promise to fix it later.
#33Rasputin77Posted 6/25/2013 12:20:08 PM(edited)
Doesn't bother me one bit. I'm not familiar with the series, so if I get into it now, I won't really be missing anything.

You're more than welcome to go and develop your own Smash Bros. game seeing as how you apparently know so much about the topic.

EWW! The old "whuu, well if you don't like it, do it yourself!" response? Barf... purely disgusting.

lastofus1999 posted...
Old.

Uh-oh. This lesson again. Okay, listen up lil' guy...

See, just because you've seen a piece of information or news before, doesn't mean everyone else has too. All humans lead different lives, and they don't share a singular consciousness. Not all of users on this board are seeing the same threads as you, at the same time. Do you understand this?

Now, in one ear and out the other, I'm sure... just try to not tie squatch for the record. I think this has been explained to her about 12 times at this point. No amount of alternate IDs or "I need attention but it's on-topic!" threads can erase that embarrassment. ;)
---
The irony of GameFAQs: http://postimg.org/image/a2yrtprql/
"Label everyone into groups to make the world easier to understand" - Your parents.
#34Baha05Posted 6/25/2013 12:22:17 PM
Rasputin77 posted...

See, just because you've seen a piece of information or news before, doesn't mean everyone else has too. All humans lead different lives, and they don't share a singular consciousness. Not all of users on this board are seeing the same threads as you, at the same time. Do you understand this?

Now, in one ear and out the other, I'm sure... just try to not tie squatch for the record. I think this has been explained to her about 12 times at this point. No amount of alternate IDs or "I need attention but it's on-topic!" threads can erase that embarrassment. ;)

So then if someone finds out about the Titanic or something it's not old news?
---
"I will take the advice of PS3 over you, any day of the week. Especially, when you state that all aspect ratios are the same." Some Crazy Guy
#35EoinPosted 6/25/2013 12:28:58 PM(edited)
Blouge posted...
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 for Wii U has something like 60 characters; they didn't seem to have a problem with balance.

Tekken has been building a character roster for nearly two decades of almost constant development, though, adding and evolving and pruning and refining. Several games in the series have had somewhat severe balance issues (not "tournament ban" broken, but still very noticeably tiered) which have had to be worked through. Smash Bros isn't comparable - it'd had fewer releases, it's shifted developer teams, it's been less concerned with balance all along, and it's had a lot less development time behind it.

For games like Tekken, 50 or 60 characters is fine. They've got to the point where they can do that. Smash Bros, under its current developers, isn't at that point. It's therefore understandable for it to have less characters, and that's not a problem, if it means a more balanced game with each character getting appropriate levels of developer attention.

Baha05 posted...
This, on top of that how many fighting games in any genre have more then 30 characters? (Excluding create a character)

Tekken nearly always does at this point. Street Fighter games regularly top 30 characters as well. The last Mortal Kombat had 32 characters in total (some were DLC for the original version, but there're all in the complete version). Marvel vs Capcom 2 and 3 both have quite a few more than 30 characters. King of Fighters XIII has over 30 and other SNK games top 30 as well. I'm sure there's others, but you get the idea: 30 isn't all that unusual a number any more - it's actually so common that I'm not sure what your point really is.
#36StickMen1090Posted 6/25/2013 12:44:55 PM
lastofus1999 posted...
Old. Plus now nintendo can go the capc route and release the game 5 times with 2-4 new characters

called dlc bro
---
3DS FC: 2063-0061-2915
#37squatch22Posted 6/25/2013 12:49:15 PM
Rasputin77 posted...
Doesn't bother me one bit. I'm not familiar with the series, so if I get into it now, I won't really be missing anything.

You're more than welcome to go and develop your own Smash Bros. game seeing as how you apparently know so much about the topic.

EWW! The old "whuu, well if you don't like it, do it yourself!" response? Barf... purely disgusting.

lastofus1999 posted...
Old.

Marked for flaming.
---
Nintendo stock: 10,750 - Sony stock: 2,002
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg
#38Banjo2553Posted 6/25/2013 1:19:12 PM
GloryChaos posted...
The idea of embracing DLC before the game is even out is rubbish. You try your best to complete the game. Then when it's done, DLC could come later. I don't respect the idea that any developer goes ahead and confirms that DLC will be a thing while they're still working on the game.

I agree with you, but...what was the reason for bringing that up?
---
Come see my game collection: http://www.backloggery.com/bakonbitz