weird things that have kept you from finishing games.

#11FlyinTonite(Topic Creator)Posted 6/26/2013 7:26:41 PM
bump
---
I'll be a jerk to strangers because this is the internet
i7 3770s @ 3.1ghz, asus gtx 660, gskill ripjaws 8 gb, ASUS|P8B75-V R, ocz 700w psu, 1.5 tb seagate hdd
#12georgethecow4Posted 6/26/2013 7:31:44 PM
Never finished FFIV because I got near the end and realized it wasn't the one with Kefka.

True story.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
3DS FC: 3136-6598-7067 Name: Andrew
#13DrumguyPosted 6/26/2013 7:32:44 PM
blinkfreak posted...
Roommate wanted to start a Metroid Prime 3 save file and I let him and he played the game for like 10 hours straight and beat the game. I walked in the room near the very end. Sold the game shortly after. I was only about half way through myself.

Man, what a buzzkill.
---
"I never went to church. I just listened to Led Zeppelin and that was all I needed." - Dave Grohl
#14DiscordjaWalrusPosted 6/26/2013 7:44:50 PM
CasualGamers posted...
I couldn't stand the passive FF12 gameplay. I felt like I wasn't even playing so I just stopped. Started 2 save files and have completed it zero times.

I didn't finish FF12 either, but that is because I was 50 hours in when my memory card became corrupted. I just did not have any desire to start over from the beginning.
#15Virus66Posted 6/26/2013 7:48:57 PM
I die on the final boss and just never try again. Bad habit. Both Xenoblade and The Last Story had this happen to me.
---
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
I'm a living contradiction. I own a PS3 and a Wii U. A 3DS and a Vita. And the catch to that? I enjoy them all!
#16RiaanYsterPosted 6/26/2013 11:08:54 PM
FlyinTonite posted...
Post oddities that have kept you from finishing games.

for me, I never finished the last story because I personally can't stand british accents.

Do you hate all non-american accents, or just british ones?
#17MwulfPosted 6/26/2013 11:10:43 PM
Implied pedophilia perpetrated by a flamboyantly homosexual priest played off as a "joke" in that PS3 Rune Factory game.

Just... no. That's morally repugnant.
---
"...Blame this on the misfortune of your birth."
-Char Aznable
#18TalentedMPosted 6/26/2013 11:35:56 PM
A life and having bills to pay.
---
Since this game rely on micro transaction when people leave for mop this game will be I survive. - MageGuyInfinity
#19Oni_TaedoPosted 6/26/2013 11:38:23 PM
Arkham (both of them) : Got bored.

Skyrim: Animations bothered me.

Metroid Prime 2: Played for six hours, died, forgot that I last saved 2 hours before dying.

Persona 3: The bad writing.

FF8: "Hey, we all go to school with each other, and that's where we all first met. But it turns out that we all grew up together, the chick that's currently trying to murder us raised us, and we all just conveniently FORGOT ABOUT IT!

FF10: James Arnold Taylor.

Ratchet and Clank: Deadlocked: James Arnold Taylor.

Super Mario Galaxy 2 : James Arnold Taylor

Uncharted: Nolan North

Infamous: Wasn't as good as Prototype, and couldn't help but compare how inadequate it was to Prototype.

FFXIII: Lightning is Cloud with ta-tas.

Transderpers: Derp for Cyberderp: Crappy gameplay, and piss poor voice acting (I always thought Gary Chalk was a better Optimus Prime than Peter Cullen. That being said, Peter Cullen is a hell of a Mario)

Deadpool: Not as funny as the comics.

The Darkness: Very little mentioning of the Witchblade, which should have been involved, and probably would have made the game much more interesting.

Fallout New Vegas: James Arnold Taylor. No, I will not lay off of him! Not until he learns how to properly voice act! He has done ONE, ONE good job! And THAT, was voicing an anthropomorphic ninjato wielding quadruped reptile!

Why is everything I write roughly a few sentences shorter than The Lord of the Rings?

Oh, that reminds me!

The Lord of the Rings: No, not the game. The book. Read the first two, and felt that literally, "dick all", had happened.
---
TvC Friend Code: 4598-2098-0537
PSN ID: Oni_Ishida
#20Jacob46719Posted 6/27/2013 12:21:58 AM
never finished Skyrim because I found it boring.
---
Backlog of games: Too many unfinished games.