About to play Twilight Princess for the first time! Anything I should know....

#11Ghost_BeastPosted 6/25/2013 6:19:15 PM
My favorite 3D Zelda ever, the GameCube version, anyway.

I recommend the GameCube version, since that is the way that TP was intended. Link is supposed to be left handed, but for the Wii version, they had to mirror (flip) the entire game for right handers. Also, for the GameCube version you do not have to mess with awful gimmicky motion controller gimmicks.

And if you own the Wii, GameCube games are compatible with it. Play Twilight Princess the way it was intended to be played, and with superior normal controls.
#12Nihilist(Topic Creator)Posted 6/25/2013 6:22:23 PM
Sorry the wii board and Zelda board are both really slow lol
---
he's telling me he's future less, and eventually hell tell me how long it takes for the infected to starve to death...
#13liquidleonx3Posted 6/25/2013 6:22:34 PM
Nah man. Have fun with it.
---
{-Official Super Saiyan Mega Man X of Everywhere}
I'm waiting for IGN's review. I grew up with it so they're the only reviewers I trust. - HappyUnicorn101
#14MotiJrPosted 6/25/2013 6:30:46 PM
Ghost_Beast posted...
My favorite 3D Zelda ever, the GameCube version, anyway.

I recommend the GameCube version, since that is the way that TP was intended. Link is supposed to be left handed, but for the Wii version, they had to mirror (flip) the entire game for right handers. Also, for the GameCube version you do not have to mess with awful gimmicky motion controller gimmicks.

And if you own the Wii, GameCube games are compatible with it. Play Twilight Princess the way it was intended to be played, and with superior normal controls.

Ignore the normal control Nazi. Play however you want. Funny how I stated these elitists would appear and poof, one spawns.
---
Turns out I have one of Sony's lap dogs following me around on gamefaqs. If you see him, don't feed him. He has a bad temper and is easily upset :D
#15blinkfreakPosted 6/25/2013 6:35:57 PM
I believe that there are a couple of game breaking glitches. I believe that only launch discs have the problem though. Nintendo offered for people to send in their "defective" discs in exchange for new ones that fixed the glitches since Wii couldn't do patches.

You might want to look up the glitches just in case. I believe there needed to be a strange series of events like where you save the game or something.
#16jillwarrenPosted 6/25/2013 6:53:44 PM
The worst part of the game is the first bit; just stick with it. Much like Kingdom Hearts 2, the game gets much better as it goes on.

Also pick the version which you like the best. To me the pointer controls for the bow and hookshots make the Wii version far superior. Pick whichever you'd like; its a great game.
---
NN: peteywarren PSN: peteywarren0829
I give God all glory. Just so you know, I am a guy; my wife picked this username.
#17TallWhiteNinjaPosted 6/25/2013 7:00:07 PM
Never understood why Twilight Princess gets looked down on in a lot of quarters of Zelda fandom: It's probably my third favorite in the series, after OoT and LttP. Granted, I did play the GameCube version, and navigating the dungeons has always been my favorite aspect of the series.
---
Either the worst great player or the best horrible player you'll ever meet.
#18EighthAwakeningPosted 6/25/2013 7:04:09 PM
- Takes quite a bit of time investment. It's a very long game. One of the longest Zelda games for sure, introduction is quite long but worth it in the end.

- Some of the best dungeon design and bosses in the series easily.

- Has the most unique dungeon in the 3D games easily

- Once you get to a certain point, the whole world opens up for you. It's quite big for a Zelda game. For example, it has several fields the smallest being around the same size of Ocarina's Hyrule field.

- Some of the better story telling in the Zelda series

- Fun minigames, including an old classic

- Combat is good, but can get easy at-least for me. Depends on the person.
#19GodofLazinessPosted 6/25/2013 7:07:49 PM
blinkfreak posted...
I believe that there are a couple of game breaking glitches. I believe that only launch discs have the problem though. Nintendo offered for people to send in their "defective" discs in exchange for new ones that fixed the glitches since Wii couldn't do patches.

You might want to look up the glitches just in case. I believe there needed to be a strange series of events like where you save the game or something.

There's not a couple of game breaking glitches, there's only one, please don't exaggerate. That one glitch is very easily avoidable. Hell I played through that game multiple times and never even knew about the glitch until I started hanging out on the TP board.
---
Official Guardian Knight Slacker of Safe Haven.
Light blinds us and forces us to stumble about in ignorance - Altair
#20promo123Posted 6/25/2013 7:20:04 PM
The GameCube version doesn't have widescreen, so to me the Wii version is superior.
---
Everybody's havin' a good time with Poppy Bros!