About to play Twilight Princess for the first time! Anything I should know....

#21Xenesis XenonPosted 6/25/2013 7:21:55 PM
The main game is a lot of fun, but the sidequesting is fairly dry, I found.

It's definitely pretty solid, though. Pick either the GCN or Wii version - it won't matter that much which version you pick.
---
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled AW community on the web.
#22blinkfreakPosted 6/25/2013 8:34:45 PM
GodofLaziness posted...
blinkfreak posted...
I believe that there are a couple of game breaking glitches. I believe that only launch discs have the problem though. Nintendo offered for people to send in their "defective" discs in exchange for new ones that fixed the glitches since Wii couldn't do patches.

You might want to look up the glitches just in case. I believe there needed to be a strange series of events like where you save the game or something.

There's not a couple of game breaking glitches, there's only one, please don't exaggerate. That one glitch is very easily avoidable. Hell I played through that game multiple times and never even knew about the glitch until I started hanging out on the TP board.

I never ran into the glitch either. So sorry for not remembering exactly how many glitches there are or how to trigger them from an article I read in like 2007. The TC asked if there was anything they should know about and I think a game breaking glitch would be something anyone would want to avoid.
#23Enigma149Posted 6/25/2013 8:50:41 PM
There are two gamebreaking glitches:

1) If you save and quit after the Bridge of Eldin breaks but before you enter the Twilight Realm, you won't be able to continue. This shouldn't really be an issue, as the gap between these events is literally a single fight you're forced into and then a 10-second walk. I'm also fairly certain it only affects really early versions of the game.

2) This is the more famous one. If you save and quit in the room where you first find the Sky Cannon (you'll know what this means then), you'll get stuck in that room.

I should emphasize that both of these glitches can be "fixed" by transferring you save file to an SD card and replacing it with one that takes place immediately before / after the glitch occurred. GameFAQs has saves for both of these glitches for the North American version of the game. The only downside is that you're collectibles will be changed, as will your name and playtime. You'll still be able to finish the story, however.
---
i7-4770K // EVGA GTX 770 // 16 GB Vengeance (6 in RAM Disk) // ASUS Z87-A // BD-RE Drive // 128 GB SSD (+ HDD)
3DS: 4897-5935-1924; NNID / Steam: CrimsonEnigma
#24EvenglarePosted 6/25/2013 8:57:27 PM
I think Twilight princess is among the best in the series BECAUSE of ocarina of time. TP builds on some of the great stuff that was established in ocarina. Damn I love twilight princess.
---
The Game. When you think about the game you lose the game. You just lost the game. Welcome to the game.