Would you be okay with a 3rd Person Metroid done well?

#31Companion_Cube_Posted 6/26/2013 8:33:10 AM
2D or Prime.

That's what I want
#32MwulfPosted 6/26/2013 8:34:49 AM
Honestly, I don't think any of the Metroid games were done particularly well. Maybe I'm "playing" them wrong, but it seems like everything they do, no matter what they're doing, other games do better.

I haven't played Super Metroid, though, so maybe I'll give it a try since it's on the WiiU VC and see if it'll change my mind. (Only played Metroid, Metroid 2 and Prime).
---
"...Blame this on the misfortune of your birth."
-Char Aznable
#33darkjedilinkPosted 6/26/2013 8:35:12 AM
As long as it was good, didn't make Samus look like a man-needing wuss womanchild, had a great story that was as deep as you wanted it to be without more monologue than gameplay, actually had exploration, wasn't insanely easy due to gameplay mechanics added in solely to make the game easy, and didn't spend the whole game invalidating every game in the series, including itself.

So, basically, if it wasn't anything like Other M.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#34NiftyManZPosted 6/26/2013 8:35:43 AM
I would argue that I would buy any game "do e well"...
---
BREAK IT DOWN KIRBY!! (^'-')^ (^'-')> (>'-')> <('-'^) ^('-'^) (^'-')^ (^'-')> (>'-')> <('-'^) ^('-'^)