Wait, what? Local multiplayer?

#1Sharky8Posted 6/25/2013 9:22:53 PM
I was reading a topic that someone made up about someone stealing his Wii U gamepad. That discussion turned into someone mentioning local multiplayer.

Now, hold on, are you telling me there are gamers out there who invite people they don't know into their homes to play multiplayer games?

Why? Why would you ever do this?
#2TransdudePosted 6/25/2013 9:23:59 PM
You're lonely, that's why
---
Steam ID: jessegames1996 | 3DS FC: 2750-1600-2747 | NNID: Transdude1996 | Live GT: Transdude1996
http://www.youtube.com/user/transdude1996
#3wombatkiddPosted 6/25/2013 9:27:48 PM
Sharky8 posted...
I was reading a topic that someone made up about someone stealing his Wii U gamepad. That discussion turned into someone mentioning local multiplayer.

Now, hold on, are you telling me there are gamers out there who invite people they don't know into their homes to play multiplayer games?

Why? Why would you ever do this?

No. People actually have real life friends they play with. Shocking, I know.

Also, comic stores with tournaments and stuff.
---
---
"Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master."
#4Sharky8(Topic Creator)Posted 6/25/2013 9:28:02 PM
1. I have real friends I can play games with. I don't need anonymous people to play with in my home
2. I have online play for playing with nonfriends if I desire bigger competition

Why would I invite nonfriends into my home to play multiplayer games? That entire concept just seems absurd. But I guess the organized fashion in which people do this and the competition that is likely a part of it is also just as absurd.

Some people sure do take their gaming seriously. *face palm*
#5BuretsuPosted 6/25/2013 9:29:43 PM
Sharky8 posted...
1. I have real friends I can play games with. I don't need anonymous people to play with in my home
2. I have online play for playing with nonfriends if I desire bigger competition

Why would I invite nonfriends into my home to play multiplayer games? That entire concept just seems absurd. But I guess the organized fashion in which people do this and the competition that is likely a part of it is also just as absurd.

Some people sure do take their gaming seriously. *face palm*

I officially have no idea what you're talking about anymore.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#6Sharky8(Topic Creator)Posted 6/25/2013 9:38:19 PM
wombatkidd posted...

Also, comic stores with tournaments and stuff.

And are those people paying fees to participate in those local multiplayer tournaments?
#7The_SchoolistPosted 6/26/2013 4:24:20 AM
Craigslist.
---
PC, Deluxe Wii U, and Pikachu 3DS XL
#8mashuPosted 6/26/2013 5:25:26 AM
The_Schoolist posted...
Craigslist.

Seriously?

Mind blown.

I would never do this. It's also why I can't remember the last time I played local multiplayer. It's also why imho Nintendo needs to implement far better online services for games that have been traditionally best played using local multiplayer (while leaving local multiplayer intact as an option).

All my friends from days back now have their own households, jobs, lives. Some are across the country. Some are local but I rarely chat with them outside of Facebook. Others I chat with all the time, but get together with infrequently, or, for some other event that is not sitting around a TV playing a game. Some are in other countries.

It's 2013. It's time to develop online play to help make cooperative and competitive play a little more convenient and, imho, a lot more fun. It's time to have some sort of integrated chat, friends system, etc and honestly, I'd implement in a way that you could play with people all over the world because it's MiiVerse after all, not MiiCountry. Some of my best gaming friends I have ever made (and still stay in touch with to this day - but can rarely play with due to region/server lock) are Japanese players I met playing PSO on the DC. It was glorious.

I realize this is just my experience, but local multiplayer as the only option to play a select range of Nintendo first party games seems so behind the times. I know it works for some people, but I also know bringing some of these options in would actually bring some of us back.

And just say "no" to Craigslist local multiplayer invites with strangers into your own home. Wtf.
#9LordBowserPosted 6/26/2013 6:05:03 AM
The guy didn't seem to want to get his 'friend' into trouble and thinks it was just his friend joking around with him. And that he was contacting Nintendo to order a new gamepad and calling his Wii U a paperweight when he thought his friend would give it back, and he's not willing to call the police on him.

All in all, the topic smelled like s*** to me. I didn't really believe that anyone would be that dense. I was half-surprised he didn't mention his x-button fell off. (Now, I would actually be amused if he said he got his controller back, but the x-button was missing...)
---
I am Lord Bowser, King of the Koopas! Bwahaha..
Playing Bowser on Mario Kart, and Noxus on Metroid Prime. I am not a cookie cutter!