POLL: if you were a developer, would you support Wii U?

#31NiftyManZPosted 6/26/2013 10:23:37 AM
IcedEarthaholic posted...
Biased poll is biased.

---
BREAK IT DOWN KIRBY!! (^'-')^ (^'-')> (>'-')> <('-'^) ^('-'^) (^'-')^ (^'-')> (>'-')> <('-'^) ^('-'^)
#32GoombaXPosted 6/26/2013 10:25:41 AM
Nintendo Direct day = more than your average amount of butthurt trolls on the Wii U board
lol its funny how consistent it is.
---
3ds FC: 1891-1175-6647 My town: Termina
Currently Playing: LoZ: MM, MvC 2, Animal Crossing New Leaf, Last of Us
#33b1gt0nePosted 6/26/2013 10:29:21 AM
sad
#34LordBowserPosted 6/26/2013 3:42:40 PM
I buy games based off of individual quality and interest.

If I liked the games they are making, I'd buy them. If I don't, I won't. This isn't rocket science. I'd apply the same theory to game design. I'd look where interest is, and adjust accordingly.

If I am making a generic POS FPS, I would release it on the Xboned, maybe even as exclusive for extra money.

If I was releasing a great game that would likely interest a very diverse crowd of people, I'd release it on all systems, including Wii U, and likely use the gamepad for creative innovation and exclusive gamepad-only features to get people interested in that specific version.
---
I am Lord Bowser, King of the Koopas! Bwahaha..
Playing Bowser on Mario Kart, and Noxus on Metroid Prime. I am not a cookie cutter!
#35IzunaDrop1990Posted 6/26/2013 3:54:07 PM
I would support all consoles. I support good videogames not just a console.
---
Perhaps...I am a ghost?
Zelda, greatest franchise bar none.
#36Jacob46719Posted 6/26/2013 3:55:28 PM
I would not be lazy or port half-assed games to the wii u.
---
Backlog of games: Too many unfinished games.
#37mashuPosted 6/26/2013 4:02:51 PM
I'd pick something from my range of franchises that I thought would sell really well and I'd put that on the PS4 as an exclusive. I put a few exclusives on the 3DS. I'd then develop something specifically for the Wii U. I wouldn't make them with such a development budget that they were required to sell an absurd number of copies to break even, and that way I'd expect profits from the PS4 and 3DS releases. For the Wii U, I'd really try to do something with it that made use of it's tools. Even if it didn't sell as well initially due to a lower install base, a quality title that is well designed would look good for my company and extend the fan base even if sales weren't terribly high, and there'd be a chance that as the Wii U matures gamers would come back and rediscover this title. I'd have my profits from the other games to cover any shortages, and then I'd more or less repeat this cycle until something changes.

So yes, I'd support the Wii U, but it would be fair to say I'd probably have a bit more emphasis elsewhere if I had the resources to do so. It would just be smart to be where the numbers are. That said, I'd make a quality Wii U title, hope for good reviews, hope for new fans, and hope for an ever-increasing Wii U install base. There seems to be no matching poll option however, and my scenario also assumes a studio capable of developing around 3-4 games at a time.
#38NeoMonkPosted 6/26/2013 4:05:12 PM
If you build it they will come right?

help build a decent library that isn't just made up of nintendo first party tittles and stop lazily cutting out online features from your ports and people will buy them and make the console successful.
---
Official Microsoft XB1 statement: "All aboard the Express Train to Corporate F***Toy Town, Hop in" Choo Choo!
#39manmousePosted 6/26/2013 4:07:47 PM
if i made games i'd want them on the WiiU for sure, because of the style i would want to make, it'd be with the right audience.

however, assuming i'd be an indie developer, i'd also have a warmer disposition towards PS4 since they have the superior support for indies and i'd prefer to be a part of it.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b18HMqJW5A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nt1-XWiMveY
#40InnerscopePosted 6/28/2013 5:41:40 PM
Other: I won't work on the Wii U, nor the PS4, and why is that?

Bribery
---
If you think Pachter is a good analyst, then take a crowbar, and smash your wrists