Blaming the wrong people....

#1BOARDLORD12Posted 6/26/2013 8:14:28 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2013/06/26/nintendo-slammed-over-blood-chemicals/?test=latestnews

Why do people always want to blame the companies that purchase the materials? Where is the government in all of this? Why are they not stopping this illegal treatment of people including children? Why are they not signing petitions aimed towards the government.
#2Rasputin77Posted 6/26/2013 9:38:24 AM
Oh boy. I adore it when topics like this sink quickly to the bottom of the front page.

So, needless to say - bumpity bump! =D
---
The irony of GameFAQs: http://postimg.org/image/a2yrtprql/
"Label everyone into groups to make the world easier to understand" - Your parents.
#3BuretsuPosted 6/26/2013 9:40:08 AM
Nintendo isn't as likely as the government is to have protesters arrested and/or beaten?
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#4UponADarkThornePosted 6/26/2013 10:19:04 AM
This is going to be just like every other thing that people ***** at Nintendo for. Remember when people complained about their packaging being environmentally unfriendly and now we have less packaging in pretty much everything? Nintendo is just going to do ****, quietly, and not really make a fuss.

Mind you, I'm not saying Nintendo is more humble - I'm just saying that Nintendo doesn't really talk about ****, period, until they're ready. Part of their problem is they're just now starting to realizing that hyping games a lot before they come out is a great way to keep up interest,

Also, wage slavery is still ****ing slavery, even if there aren't guns and militia involved. All electronics companies will still make **** in China. If you really want there to be change, don't protest companies, protest the goddamn corrupted system that birthed all these exploitation in the first place...

But wait. That would mean, if you don't want to be a hypocrite, you pretty much have to live as a dirty bum, in a freegan lifestyle. And dumpster diving is nasty man and I can't get my ****ing Starbucks or have wi-fi at home.

Mind you, I'm not trying to make light of this. I'm not trying to say that their cause isn't an important thing - but this world has problems everywhere. There are horrible things happening, in every country, everywhere around the world and we should try our best to prevent that, but where do you start? And what's more important? This, or the apartheid of Palestinians in Israel? How about the United States playing lose with international law, all in its "War on Terror"? Do you continue with the White Man's Burden and try to save Africa or do you try and end poverty and suffering in your own country first?

I suppose I just feel cynical when it comes to this sort of thing. How many of those protesters have an iPhone in their pocket, that is made from slave labor, either from the gold mined or the parts assembled in China? How many of them would politely tell the homeless guy they meet in the subway on the way home, that they don't have money to spare but go eat out later - that's if they don't openly sneer at him. At the end of the day, few people really give a **** about anything other than their own pet causes, while ignoring rest. I'm not different, mind you.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/wolfbornson
#5-NotoriousLynxPosted 6/26/2013 10:20:26 AM
I clicked on the article and there was nothing about games. Some stupid bull**** I don't care about and neither should you.
#6UponADarkThornePosted 6/26/2013 10:34:11 AM
-NotoriousLynx posted...
I clicked on the article and there was nothing about games. Some stupid bull**** I don't care about and neither should you.

My real issue with it is how they openly admit, other companies still use this stuff, and will switch to conflict free when stuff becomes "available". Which in corporate speak is when it becomes profitable. Which means they'll keep using "conflict" materials, for the unforeseen future.

Seems to me, at least Nintendo is basically admitting their a cooperation who only cares for money.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/wolfbornson
#7thundercat2600Posted 6/26/2013 10:36:52 AM
Don't blame Nintendo, they just do whatever is in their financial interest, just like any other faceless corporation.

Blame their mindless fans, who continue to support Nintendo despite their callous disregard for human rights.
---
Nintendo stock the day before Wii U was announced: 26,500
Nintendo stock today: 9,200
#8BuretsuPosted 6/26/2013 10:38:11 AM
thundercat2600 posted...
Don't blame Nintendo, they just do whatever is in their financial interest, just like any other faceless corporation.

Blame their mindless fans, who continue to support Nintendo despite their callous disregard for human rights just like with any other faceless corporation.

Fixed that for you.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#9thundercat2600Posted 6/26/2013 10:39:03 AM
Buretsu posted...
thundercat2600 posted...

Blame their mindless fans, who continue to support Nintendo despite their callous disregard for human rights just like with any other faceless corporation.

Fixed that for you.

ITT: other corporations do it, so Nintendo gets a free pass.
---
Nintendo stock the day before Wii U was announced: 26,500
Nintendo stock today: 9,200
#10BuretsuPosted 6/26/2013 10:39:51 AM
thundercat2600 posted...
Buretsu posted...
thundercat2600 posted...

Fixed that for you.

ITT: other corporations do it, so Nintendo gets a free pass.

ITP: Nintendo does it, so other corporations get a free pass.
---