Anyone waiting for Pikmin 3 to see if Miyamoto truly lost his games talent?

#1PhaseBlackPosted 6/26/2013 11:13:15 AM
He says its one of his best games and it's been a while since he played such a big role in making a game. I mean he had involvement in Paper Mario: Sticker Star and told the developers to make it without story focus, and we all know how that went <_<.

So Pikmin 3 will show if Miyamoto still has it
---
PSVita & 3DS
#2IokuaPosted 6/26/2013 11:15:35 AM
You really are the worst troll this board has to offer, it is really depressing this board is, on average, stupid enough to fall for your godawful attempts.
---
Welcome to gamefaqs, where poverty is an illegal activity.
#3Banjo2553Posted 6/26/2013 11:17:40 AM
I think Miyamoto's just like anyone else. He makes mistakes sometimes.

His "failures" aren't consistent enough to make me think he lost his touch. I do hope Pikmin 3 is awesome though.
---
Come see my game collection: http://www.backloggery.com/bakonbitz
#4ninto55Posted 6/26/2013 11:18:04 AM
Miyamoto hates story telling in games, so that's how Paper Mario: Sticker Star came to be. PMSS was terrible, because a lack of story telling and the direction the gameplay took is not good for an RPG.

In Pikmin the goal is mostly just doing the objective (in Pikmin 3, collect fruit). Less about the story and more about the gameplay, so Miyamoto's story hate won't ruin the game. There are some story elements. I remember in a developer direct he talked about how he wanted to tell a story with Pikmin 1, and that's why he kept the day limit in. Then with Pikmin 3 there seems to be some light dialog during gameplay, and the beginning if the game is more cinematic, making you start out with just one character and seeming to have to go save the others. As if the first few days are railroaded into what they are. Afterward it'll probably open up and just tell the play to go get all the fruit here, here, and here, then the game will be over.

The important thing is a lack of story. If Miyamoto is directing a slow paced story/text heavy game it isn't going to come out good. I expect Pikmin 3 to be great and I can't wait.
---
Every Pony is best Pony, Fluttershy is just my favorite.
Do it and do it right!
#5PhaseBlack(Topic Creator)Posted 6/26/2013 11:21:12 AM
Iokua posted...
You really are the worst troll this board has to offer, it is really depressing this board is, on average, stupid enough to fall for your godawful attempts.

You truly have nothing to say against my truthful words, and you use the "You're a bad troll!" crutch? Nintendo isnt your mother, stop taking every criticism to them to heart and getting upset. It's really sad
---
PSVita & 3DS
#6geneticsftwPosted 6/26/2013 11:23:52 AM
PhaseBlack posted...
Iokua posted...

You truly have nothing to say against my truthful words, and you use the "You're a bad troll!" crutch? Nintendo isnt your mother, stop taking every criticism to them to heart and getting upset. It's really sad

But it's true >.>
---
Sweet
#7PhaseBlack(Topic Creator)Posted 6/26/2013 11:25:24 AM
Banjo2553 posted...

His "failures" aren't consistent enough to make me think he lost his touch. I do hope Pikmin 3 is awesome though.

He's old though and in recent years Nintendo hasn't exactly been on the creative ball in a lot of ways. Pikmin 3 shoul show if he's still got it, it's been in development for a very long time
---
PSVita & 3DS
#8darknight06Posted 6/26/2013 11:44:45 AM
This is a joke post right? Pikmin as a series never sold systems. Nobody except for the two GC fans out there want it. It surely didn't help the GC, and it had nothing to do with the success of the Wii. This isn't being made for any reason other than that Miyamoto wants to do it, which isn't nearly enough to justify the cost of such a vanity project.

Miyamoto's "talent" issues comes from the way things are run right now. The biggest problem with the company is that it is currently run by a developer (Iwata) instead of someone with business sense. Much of what you see right now wouldn't be happening if it was run by anyone with business sense. Until that happens, nothing is going to improve. AT ALL.
---
3DS Friend code: 4081-5501-8308
#9ShankspearePosted 6/26/2013 11:46:39 AM
PhaseBlack posted...
Banjo2553 posted...

He's old though and in recent years Nintendo hasn't exactly been on the creative ball in a lot of ways. Pikmin 3 shoul show if he's still got it, it's been in development for a very long time

No I am not waiting for that. I am waiting on Pikmin to have a good game to play.
#10DeathSnipe777Posted 6/26/2013 11:48:52 AM(edited)
You do realize that Miyamoto's opposition to a story is only when it comes to Mario games, right? It's weird, though, why he got himself involved in Sticker Star but, apparently, hasn't gone anywhere near Mario & Luigi: Dream Team.

Regardless, Miyamoto is human, and as such even he is prone to mistakes. I expect Pikmin 3 to blow me away.
---
3DS FC: 3609-1047-7032
Steam / PSN / NNID: Marlouchu