What happens to third party support after 2013?

#1Second_HokagePosted 6/26/2013 2:36:29 PM
Will the next wave or third party support in 2014 be too much for the Wii U to handle?
#2splodeymissilePosted 6/26/2013 2:38:58 PM
Both. Even with nintendium, a tsunami would likely break it.
---
One can not help but imagine Microsoft as being ran by a thousand Homer Simpsons. -Obturator
#3sentoworfPosted 6/26/2013 2:42:15 PM
We start a petition!

>_>
I'll leave now...
---
(@_@) Spinda is watching
http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs2/1320435_o.gif
#4AstralFrostPosted 6/26/2013 2:46:58 PM
Wii U is only getting support while PS3 does. Once the PS4 and XBONE arrive and PS3 is laid to rest you can kiss third party support goodbye. Its simply too much effort for devs to downscale games and create gamepad inventory screens for the Wii U and the install base isn't big enough for it to pay off.
---
Man at this rate I wouldn't be surprised if Mr. Iwata committed sudoku on himself
#5SegavsCapcomPosted 6/26/2013 2:48:38 PM
AstralFrost posted...
Wii U is only getting support while PS3 does. Once the PS4 and XBONE arrive and PS3 is laid to rest you can kiss third party support goodbye. Its simply too much effort for devs to downscale games and create gamepad inventory screens for the Wii U and the install base isn't big enough for it to pay off.

Really? Devs don't seem to have trouble downgrading for iOS.
---
My sig will never happen, but it would be awesome if it did.
#6AstralFrostPosted 6/26/2013 2:58:22 PM
SegavsCapcom posted...
AstralFrost posted...

Petition Nintendo to give you IOS ports then, LOL.
---
Man at this rate I wouldn't be surprised if Mr. Iwata committed sudoku on himself
#7The_Shadow_LinkPosted 6/26/2013 3:19:05 PM
Wii U has to hope for a long life for the PS3 if it wants to keep relevant. It's essentially going to get most of it's third party games from that.
---
Wanting to become a wolf to end all of my life's problems.
People who agree with me: 37, Comment about it if you agree. ~*Ancient Status*~
#8diggyfreshPosted 6/26/2013 3:23:28 PM
AstralFrost posted...

Part of this is true. As long as PS3 & 360 games are getting multiports we should see Wii U start to be the lead console for those ports, and therefore get more 3rd party games. That's provided the Wii U sales pick up. If the Wii U sales don't increase, then there's no reason to port to it in the first place.

As far as after PS3 and 360 are retired, Wii U could actually have more support than PS4 and XBone, or less, but it's hard to say now.
---
CURRENTLY PLAYING:: Metroid Prime Trilogy
PROGRESS:: MP1 @ 45%
#9LordBowserPosted 6/26/2013 3:39:05 PM(edited)
A better question, is does it matter?

Xbox and PS need third party support to survive, they'll die without it.

Nintendo can and will get by just fine on first party support alone.

No matter how much Nintendo caters to third parties, they will always let them down for the most garbage reasons imaginable.

As for actual effort, that's laughable. That's like saying adjusting the graphics on your favorite PC game to get a good FPS is too much work. It's perfectly viable and not really difficult to do, to get them at a point where they are 'downscaled' slightly to run well on the Wii U.

As for the gamepad screen, they can be innovative if they want to, but they certainly don't have to. All they have to do is let players use the gamepad as a second screen, for instance if they want to play off of it without the TV on or something, and it will be a success.

Wii U was designed partially with third parties in mind, and when it was announced, third parties loved it. Now they are backing off because they are scared Wii U won't sell well. Once it is, I have no idea what they'll say. "Too much competition." "The playerbase is different and won't like our games." "We don't like to make money." Etc.

I just don't care anymore. I'll play Wii U for exclusives, and get anything else I'm missing on the PC anyways.
---
I am Lord Bowser, King of the Koopas! Bwahaha..
Playing Bowser on Mario Kart, and Noxus on Metroid Prime. I am not a cookie cutter!
#10Ryan SiPosted 6/26/2013 3:38:27 PM
SegavsCapcom posted...
AstralFrost posted...

iOS is a very popular platform....Wii U isn't. iPhones and iPads are everywhere. My God...
---
Anyone who has anything even the slightest bit negative to say about Nintendo is a troll. Fanboys are pathetic.