Which systems offer more nostalgia with digital games?

#1THMBZDownGNZUpPosted 6/26/2013 9:27:31 PM
Virtual Console or PSOne Classics? - Results (74 votes)
Virtual Console (Nintendo - Wii / 3DS / Wii U)
78.38% (58 votes)
PSOne Classics (Sony - PlayStation 3 / PlayStation Vita)
21.62% (16 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Nintendo via Wii, 3DS, and Wii U offers Virtual Console while Sony via PS3 and PS Vita offers PSOne Classics. Both provide nostalgia for the gamer looking to relive the classics, whether it be Nintendo or PlayStation.

Which systems offer more nostalgia with digital games?
#2Baha05Posted 6/26/2013 9:29:44 PM
Nintendo's considering it has access of

NES
SNES
N64

GB
GBC
GBA*
GG

+All the other Consoles on the Wii VC like the Genesis and other consoles.

Sony really only has PSOne Classics and PS2 Classics.
---
"I will take the advice of PS3 over you, any day of the week. Especially, when you state that all aspect ratios are the same." Some Crazy Guy
#3TheCelticArcherPosted 6/26/2013 9:41:48 PM
I get more nostalgia with the VC. I never grew up with a PlayStation, so there's only a few games I'd play for nostalgia's sake (Metal Gear Solid, the Spyro series, Resident Evil 2).
---
Currently playing: Pokemon Black 2, Dota 2, Half-Life 2 (PC), Paper Mario Sticker Star, & Super Metroid (Wii U).
#4MwulfPosted 6/26/2013 10:09:39 PM
It's gotta be PS1. It's much easier to play older games, they have a LOT more games offered (including ports of several of the SNES greats people associate with the VC, like Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy VI--even if they are terrible ports).

And then there's the fact that you can play those classic games across three different platforms, and your content is tied to an account rather than a single piece of hardware.

Sony wins by a huge marigin, but only because Nintendo really hasn't even tried to make the Virtual Console service good.
---
"...Blame this on the misfortune of your birth."
-Char Aznable
#5TalentedMPosted 6/26/2013 10:11:40 PM
Wouldn't nostalgia be more based on when you were born and what you started with? Like for me it would be NES and SNES that brings the most nostalgia, but not for the other 20 year old who started with maybe the PSX.
---
Since this game rely on micro transaction when people leave for mop this game will be I survive. - MageGuyInfinity
#6manmousePosted 6/26/2013 10:13:57 PM
more personal nostalgia on the PS3 digital library, however Wii's comes close with the NES and Genesis games.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b18HMqJW5A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nt1-XWiMveY
#7Xenesis XenonPosted 6/26/2013 10:14:57 PM
The playstation nostalgia will really hit its stride in Gen 9 simply because by then all the kids who grew up with the PS1 games will be old enough to be strongly nostalgic about them.

So at the moment, Nintendo is but I don't forsee that being the case forever.
---
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled AW community on the web.
#8hiphops_saviorPosted 6/26/2013 10:33:41 PM
PSOne Classics had some of the best RPGs ever released. Virtual Console had some of the best games ever released.

End of the day, I have to give Virtual Console the edge. Not only do they have all of Nintendo's older systems, but also Sega and the Commodore 64. You can't go wrong with the PSOne classics, that was the golden age for JRPGs.
#9monkeyspoonPosted 6/26/2013 10:36:59 PM
Definitely Sony. You can buy a game once and play it on PS3, PSP and vita for no extra charge.
---
Sony have the best exclusives. Last of Us and Uncharted 2 & 3 are the best games of gen 7. Can't wait for PS4.
#10TalentedMPosted 6/26/2013 10:39:21 PM
monkeyspoon posted...
Definitely Sony. You can buy a game once and play it on PS3, PSP and vita for no extra charge.

I am pretty sure buying FF7 and being able to play it anywhere isn't the best reason to state. I mean really, what else are you nostalgic about from PSX? All the best RPGs were just remade from SNES for it anyways.
---
Since this game rely on micro transaction when people leave for mop this game will be I survive. - MageGuyInfinity