People give up to fast on Nintendo

#1andizzle29662Posted 6/27/2013 3:10:23 PM
The WiiU is struggling, but the software coming out this fall will rebound the sales. Mario is the most powerful name in gaming, 3D World will move units, and lots of them. The third party support is what it is, but we are still getting: Batman AO, AC4, Watchdogs, Rayman, angry birds, just dance, splinter cell and more. Donkey kong country returns moved 5 millions units on Wii, the sequel will be a hit on WiiU. I also see a price cut coming around Black Friday, to really drive home the sales. I'm a hardcore Nintendo fan, and have been for 20 years, I've heard the doom and gloom stories with almost every Nintendo console. The original DS was selling horribly, until Mario kart and animal crossing saved the day. The 3ds struggled, than was revived by a one two combo of a price cut and Super Mario 3D land. Now the 3ds is extremely popular and selling tons. I have faith WiiU will be fine come this fall.
---
Most WANTED: Super Mario WiiU, link to the past 2, Pokemon x, X, Last of us, pikmin 3, Beyond Two Souls, Rain, Castlevania LOS 2, Watchdogs, Killzone SF
#2nickvd8Posted 6/27/2013 3:13:55 PM
I think for 3rd parties they're quicker to write off Nintendo because it's hard to compete against their first party software and they just assume the XBone and PS4 are going to fair much better at launch. I think both of those systems are gonna struggle exactly the way the Wii U did at launch and then they'll be forced to re-evaluate their options. The economy and the industry are not where they were last time we had console launches.
---
We need Castlevania: Bloodlines on Wii U VC.
#3plasticman13Posted 6/27/2013 3:15:08 PM
andizzle29662 posted...
The WiiU is struggling, but the software coming out this fall will rebound the sales.

Somehow, I remember reading the same quotes about the N64 and Gamecube. People sure give up too fast on history.
---
For the latest news on Kingdom Hearts 3 with interviews, e-mails, etc. with the development staff, please visit:
http://bit.ly/g917a5
#4andizzle29662(Topic Creator)Posted 6/27/2013 3:15:52 PM
nickvd8 posted...
I think for 3rd parties they're quicker to write off Nintendo because it's hard to compete against their first party software and they just assume the XBone and PS4 are going to fair much better at launch. I think both of those systems are gonna struggle exactly the way the Wii U did at launch and then they'll be forced to re-evaluate their options. The economy and the industry are not where they were last time we had console launches.

I agree completely, but I disagree with the comment about ps4 and Xbox one struggling. The preorders for both are sold out . I think this gen will be a great one, WiiU included.
---
Most WANTED: Super Mario WiiU, link to the past 2, Pokemon x, X, Last of us, pikmin 3, Beyond Two Souls, Rain, Castlevania LOS 2, Watchdogs, Killzone SF
#5FFXIgaiaknightPosted 6/27/2013 3:17:03 PM
andizzle29662 posted...
nickvd8 posted...

I agree completely, but I disagree with the comment about ps4 and Xbox one struggling. The preorders for both are sold out . I think this gen will be a great one, WiiU included.

wii u pre orders were fantastic but after the holiday season things changed big time.
---
3DS FC: 4124-5007-1536
NNI: Gaiaknight
#6NovaLevossidaPosted 6/27/2013 3:32:25 PM
It's not that people gave up too fast on Nintendo. It's that Nintendo gave no reason for them to stick around.
---
Sig under construction.
#7darkqueenhelbaPosted 6/27/2013 3:34:00 PM
People give up to fast in general. Not just on Nintendo.
---
My response to trolls; GET A JOB!!!
#8Shadowbird_RHPosted 6/27/2013 3:34:14 PM
Shortsighted people can't help being shortsighted.
---
Surrender and I will destroy you peacefully.
R.E.G.I.S. mk5 - Megas XLR
#9AstralFrostPosted 6/27/2013 3:37:21 PM
NovaLevossida posted...
It's not that people gave up too fast on Nintendo. It's that Nintendo gave no reason for them to stick around.

This. Wii U just fails in far too many areas and doesn't make up for it in any. Weak system, region lock, shoddy account and online, few first party games and performance issues on many of its third party games, overpriced for the tech yet still somehow selling at a loss per unit despite supporting slave labour.

Please understand.
---
Man at this rate I wouldn't be surprised if Mr. Iwata committed sudoku on himself
#10plasticman13Posted 6/27/2013 3:37:32 PM
NovaLevossida posted...

This
---
For the latest news on Kingdom Hearts 3 with interviews, e-mails, etc. with the development staff, please visit:
http://bit.ly/g917a5