I know this is the WiiU board but...

#1firestorm9305Posted 6/27/2013 6:42:07 PM
I can't decide between a PS4 or WiiU. I can afford both but won't have time to play both. ERR!
---
E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles!
#2RaRitsujunPosted 6/27/2013 6:43:02 PM
Destroy the childish ambulances.
---
Low-s pre-orders changed Microsofie's mind. Xbots have been in denial since 2006.
Multiplatform gamer. Demon's Souls and DARK SOULS are the real videogames.
#3Shadowbird_RHPosted 6/27/2013 6:43:18 PM
If you can't decide now, don't decide now.
Wait until one has a game that you've just got to play, and when that happens, you'll know which one to get.
---
Surrender and I will destroy you peacefully.
R.E.G.I.S. mk5 - Megas XLR
#4Kromlech06Posted 6/27/2013 6:48:17 PM
For the sake of your productivity, get a ps4.
---
3DS FC: 2277-6801-3957
#5MwulfPosted 6/27/2013 6:51:34 PM
Look at the games you want to play on either system.

Then do some math.

The way I justify console prices is this: does the total value of the games I want on a given platform equal or exceed the total cost of that platform? If it does, then a purchase is justified. If it does not, a purchase is not justified.

If you feel both consoles are justified, and your decision is based more on budget, a Playstation 4 is the better bet, as A) they do digital distribution a lot better, which means there will be a lot more cheap, downloadable titles offered; B) they have a lot more third party support, which means more competitive pricing, which means more discounts, sales and price drops. Conversely, Nintendo games generally take a -long- time to go down in price. Galaxy 2 is still full price, I believe, for example.
---
"...Blame this on the misfortune of your birth."
-Char Aznable
#6slyman19Posted 6/27/2013 6:52:38 PM
Just wait until the Fall. The PS4 might turn out like the Vita; awesome before launch, a total screw-up after launch. Also this Fall you'll be able to see if the Wii U turns around.
#7-NotoriousLynxPosted 6/27/2013 6:59:33 PM
Get both, and a 3DS.

PS4+WiiU+3DS is the best thing you can do next-gen. If you have money leftover, get a PC I guess. With the PS4, you really don't need a high tech PC. PC is getting some neat exclusives, but nothing that an average computer couldn't run.
#8firestorm9305(Topic Creator)Posted 6/27/2013 7:01:34 PM
I have a 3DS XL. I like to play Madden, NBA 2K, CoD, Battlefield, but I also like Smash Bros, Mario, Mario Kart, etc.
---
E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles!
#9-NotoriousLynxPosted 6/27/2013 7:02:46 PM
firestorm9305 posted...
I like to play Madden, NBA 2K, CoD, Battlefield

Gross. Maybe you should just get an xbone.
#10usaamahlinkPosted 6/27/2013 7:09:35 PM
If you dont have time to play too many games, my honest opinion is that Nintendo games are the way to go. You'll get more quality than quantity, and some (Smash Bros, Mario Kart, Nintendoland etc) are fun by yourself, or when people come over, so its versatile software as well. Personally I was very happy with just my Wii since 2006/7, since I didnt have too much time for gaming, and I could play xbox or playstation games at pretty much anyones house. PS4 looks like itll be common, but Wii U might be much less mainstream, so you wouldnt want to miss out on those Nintendo exclusive/developed games.
---
Currently playing: Chrono Trigger, The Last Story, Vandal Hearts, Zelda-ALttP, Xenoblade Chronicles, Age of Empires II - The Conquerors. SSB Brawl <-(always)