Rate the three NES Mario games based on difficulty

#1promo123Posted 6/27/2013 9:44:36 PM
Easiest to hardest.

I've played all three of them a bit, but I've never beaten any of them before. I'm going to try to beat them all. I'm just curious as to what one I should expect to breeze through and what's going to give me a hard time. I'm playing the All Stars version on my Wii, by the way.

So far I've made it to world 6 in the first one. I'm having a hard time in Bowser's castle in world 6. I can get there without dying, but then I lose all of my lives there every time. Good thing I'm playing the All Stars version! I guess I'll keep trying.

After I play all three of the games I may try the Lost Levels too.
---
Everybody's havin' a good time with Poppy Bros!
#2TalentedMPosted 6/27/2013 9:46:02 PM
Mario 3>SMB>Lost Levels
---
Since this game rely on micro transaction when people leave for mop this game will be I survive. - MageGuyInfinity
#3AhnoldDoodPosted 6/27/2013 9:47:16 PM
SMB1 > SMB3 > Lost Levels
#4KinthurPosted 6/27/2013 9:48:42 PM
To me they got successively less challenging but longer in play time.

The first one is the most difficult but once you learn it you can probably smoke it in 10 minutes skipping levels with warp zones.
#5promo123(Topic Creator)Posted 6/27/2013 9:58:47 PM
Why is everyone skipping 2 and including Lost Levels? I know that Lost Levels was 2 in Japan, but.. we're not in Japan.
---
#6TerotrousPosted 6/27/2013 9:59:50 PM
From easiest to hardest, 1, 3, 2, 2J
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "NES Yume Penguin Monogatari"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#7hrodwulfPosted 6/27/2013 10:02:01 PM
2 < 3 < 1 < Lost Levels
#8AwayFromHerePosted 6/27/2013 10:02:13 PM
Super Mario Bros. was the easiest.

Super Mario Bros. 3.

Super Mario Bros. 2.

Super Mario Bros. The Lost Levels.
---
You are hallucinating. Seek help immediately.
#9TalentedMPosted 6/27/2013 10:03:18 PM
promo123 posted...
Why is everyone skipping 2 and including Lost Levels? I know that Lost Levels was 2 in Japan, but.. we're not in Japan.

Because when you learn that 2 wasn't the definitive 2 and that Lost Levels was the original 2 and wasn't sent to you because they thought people would be mad... Well you retain that as the true Mario 2.

Also Mario 2 was a joke. Despite being one of my favorite games as a child, it is almost nothing like a Mario game that they have been providing for the last 28 years of my life.
---
Since this game rely on micro transaction when people leave for mop this game will be I survive. - MageGuyInfinity
#10promo123(Topic Creator)Posted 6/27/2013 10:16:43 PM
TalentedM posted...
Also Mario 2 was a joke. Despite being one of my favorite games as a child, it is almost nothing like a Mario game that they have been providing for the last 28 years of my life.

But it introduced lots of music, characters, and items that have been in many Mario games in the last 28 years.
---