Rate the three NES Mario games based on difficulty

#11TalentedMPosted 6/27/2013 9:19:57 PM
promo123 posted...
TalentedM posted...
Also Mario 2 was a joke. Despite being one of my favorite games as a child, it is almost nothing like a Mario game that they have been providing for the last 28 years of my life.

But it introduced lots of music, characters, and items that have been in many Mario games in the last 28 years.

Yeah like turnips... and shyguys!

Thats literally all I can think of. I would argue that Mario 3 has done leagues more for characters, items and music than 2 did.

Again, 2 was actually one of my favorite games. But it wasn't the real 2 and was just a reskinned game for the US. So, I don't consider it a real successor and therefore gets put in the backlog of obscure games instead of real games.

Also it was all a dream, which was bull.
---
Since this game rely on micro transaction when people leave for mop this game will be I survive. - MageGuyInfinity
#12hiphops_saviorPosted 6/27/2013 9:28:18 PM
The Lost Worlds was just bad design and cheap difficulty. There is a difference between genuinely hard games and cheap ones that are due to poor design.
#13promo123(Topic Creator)Posted 6/27/2013 9:30:28 PM
TalentedM posted...
promo123 posted...
TalentedM posted...
Also Mario 2 was a joke. Despite being one of my favorite games as a child, it is almost nothing like a Mario game that they have been providing for the last 28 years of my life.

But it introduced lots of music, characters, and items that have been in many Mario games in the last 28 years.

Yeah like turnips... and shyguys!

Thats literally all I can think of. I would argue that Mario 3 has done leagues more for characters, items and music than 2 did.

Again, 2 was actually one of my favorite games. But it wasn't the real 2 and was just a reskinned game for the US. So, I don't consider it a real successor and therefore gets put in the backlog of obscure games instead of real games.

Also it was all a dream, which was bull.

Bob-omb and Birdo were also introduced in Mario 2.

The game was actually pitched as a Mario game first and was made into something else after it was declined, probably because it was so different than the first. After it was a success in America they decided to use it in Japan as well. It really was a Mario game to begin with.
---
Everybody's havin' a good time with Poppy Bros!
#14TalentedMPosted 6/27/2013 9:34:01 PM
promo123 posted...

The game was actually pitched as a Mario game first and was made into something else after it was declined, probably because it was so different than the first. After it was a success in America they decided to use it in Japan as well. It really was a Mario game to begin with.

Except for the part where it wasn't and no matter how hard you want to quote DYKG it doesn't change the fact that it was first a different game and then sent over because the other true game was too hard.

Either way, it (lost levels) is in the NES era and is a Mario game therefore it fits. If anything Mario 2 is the easiest to me anyways. Pick Peach, win the game, get mad at the ending.
---
Since this game rely on micro transaction when people leave for mop this game will be I survive. - MageGuyInfinity
#15Soanevalcke6Posted 6/27/2013 9:36:02 PM
TalentedM posted...
promo123 posted...

Except for the part where it wasn't and no matter how hard you want to quote DYKG it doesn't change the fact that it was first a different game and then sent over because the other true game was too hard.

Either way, it (lost levels) is in the NES era and is a Mario game therefore it fits. If anything Mario 2 is the easiest to me anyways. Pick Peach, win the game, get mad at the ending.

Most people knew that before DYKG did the video.
---
Prime Corruption humanizes aliens better than Other M humanizes humans.
PSN/NNID/Steam: Soanevalcke6
#16manmousePosted 6/27/2013 9:39:04 PM
difficulty:
2/Lost Levels, SMB1, SMB2, SMB3

quality:
SMB3, SMB2/Lost Levels, SMB1, SMB2
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b18HMqJW5A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nt1-XWiMveY
#17promo123(Topic Creator)Posted 6/28/2013 3:00:23 AM
So.. does anyone want to tell me why this guy is so upset that I want to call Super Mario Bros. 2 a Mario game?
---
Everybody's havin' a good time with Poppy Bros!
#18nonexistingheroPosted 6/28/2013 4:20:51 AM
Lost Levels > 1 = 2 > 3

At least, for me. 1 & 2 get pretty damn hard like halfway through and then it ramps up some more. 3 is by far the easiest, only has some harder stages in world 8.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#19nonexistingheroPosted 6/28/2013 4:23:25 AM
hiphops_savior posted...
The Lost Worlds was just bad design and cheap difficulty. There is a difference between genuinely hard games and cheap ones that are due to poor design.

Hard is hard, that's all there is to it. "Cheap" is merely an excuse poor players use that don't know what it means to be truly skillful

Good players win fair challenges. Great players beat impossible challenges.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#20adampeltzPosted 6/28/2013 4:28:00 AM
promo123 posted...
TalentedM posted...

Plus SMB2 (USA) is fun as hell. It has brilliantly designed levels and bosses.
---
XBL gamertag: Peltz | Wii U NNID: Peltz-0
3DS Friend code: 1161-0129-0691.