Atlus: Unaffected by Index proceedings in Japan

#1LeetyroneusPosted 6/27/2013 11:55:26 PM
ATLUS has issued a statement regurarding their parent company Index Corporations bankrupcty in Japan.

Coming from Atlus’ Japanese Twitter account, the firm has assured users their games in development are fine.

“Additionally, downloadable content that’s currently in development for Shin Megami Tensei IV, as well as the retail and demo releases for Etrian Odyssey: The Millennium Girl are set to proceed for the time being.”

“Currently, Index Digital Media, Inc. and the ATLUS brand are unaffected by the Index Corporation proceedings in Japan. We’re carrying on day-to-day activities, business as usual. Shin Megami Tensei IV and Dragon’s Crown are still releasing on July 16 and August 6 respectively, and we’re licensing and publishing third-party titles such as R.I.P.D: The Game and Daylight. We want to thank all of our fans for their outpouring of support.”

So it looks live everything should be just fine with Atlus.

Source: Player's Essence
---
If you try to fail and succeed, then which on is really true....+
#2GamespohtPosted 6/27/2013 11:58:56 PM
This is just awful, ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!

THEY'RE PUBLISHING R.I.P.D THE GAME?!
---
''No copyright law in the universe is going to stop me''-Sonic The Hedgehog
I am Gamespot's Unofficial Mascot....Love Me.
#3DeathSnipe777Posted 6/28/2013 12:12:36 AM(edited)
Is there a source article you could link here?
---
3DS FC: 3609-1047-7032
Steam / PSN / NNID: Marlouchu
#4AdamLazarusoPosted 6/28/2013 12:12:57 AM
Leetyroneus posted...
So it looks live everything should be just fine with Atlus.

for the time being

If their parent company is going under then Atlas are going under too eventually.
---
We should make a verbal agreement to only kiss each other.
#5K-R-A-N-G-Posted 6/28/2013 12:14:33 AM
What about the parent company being investigated for fraud?.....That would effect Atlus.
#6BuretsuPosted 6/28/2013 12:15:12 AM
The problem is that this was the US half saying these things, not the Japanese half.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#7Leetyroneus(Topic Creator)Posted 6/28/2013 12:45:08 AM
https://www.release.tdnet.info/inbs/...0627078929.pdf

This is the official press release sent out announcing their civil restructuring. There's a lot of legal speak in it, but further down one of the important sections is their outlook for the situation. It states that the game division is clearly the most desirable and functional part of Index's business, and that's one area they plan on expanding on specifically. They will seek out and select a sponsor as soon as possible to conduct a business transfer before the situation further damages the value of this core business.

Basically to me it sounds like they might be interested in physically removing the gaming part to sell off. If they're simply looking for an "investor" then Nintendo/Sony could still end up buying a chunk of Atlus, essentially making it difficult for Atlus to be multiplat.
---
If you try to fail and succeed, then which on is really true....+
#8ElectricMolePosted 6/28/2013 1:31:50 AM
Yeah it does sound like their trying to find a sponsor specifically for the gaming part of the company asap before funding for current projects is affected. future projects would definitely be affected for better or worse depending on who is the highest bidder.

this will be interesting.
---
NinNetID: ElectricMole, 3DS: 2406-6466-8802
http://psnprofiles.com/kronekodow7188