Best Zelda game?

#41Metal_MercenaryPosted 6/28/2013 1:17:15 PM
A Link to the Past, Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask are the best by a considerable distance.
---
"The Great Depression ended when Dave Mustaine decided that business was good."- ysqure3
#42PSI_IKEPosted 6/28/2013 3:09:32 PM
Wind Waker followed by Skyward Sword are the best
---
Now listen to the bell, with my face flashing crimson from the fires of hell...
So what are you afraid of, and what are you made of?
#43jackorhoadsPosted 6/28/2013 3:11:28 PM
Ocarina - purely blinded by nostalgia. As a kid running out into hyrule field for the first time, good times.
---
Gamefaqs: Where 14 year olds make fun of 13 year olds for acting like 12 year olds
PSN: jacksonrr & Wiiu Nintendo Network ID: SonicKidd
#44liquidleonx3Posted 6/28/2013 3:14:21 PM
Can't give you an absolute favorite. They're all so great. Here's my top 3 though.

A Link to the Past
Ocarina of Time
The Wind Waker

In no particular order. Btw.. I have awesome memories of playing through these games for the first time.
---
{-Official Super Saiyan Mega Man X of Everywhere}
I'm waiting for IGN's review. I grew up with it so they're the only reviewers I trust. - HappyUnicorn101
#45PhaseSlaethePosted 6/28/2013 3:16:15 PM
OoT=MM>WW by a slight margin>LttP>Oracles>Minnish>the rest.

TP is somewhere around the Oracles.
#46RatheVPosted 6/28/2013 3:24:21 PM
Skyward Sword and Wind Waker. I just beat the latter for the first time (memory card reset years ago and I could never bring myself to replay it), and am replaying SS now to see which I like best. Very close call, though.

Special mention to Majora's Mask for having, IMO, the most engaging world, along with a few really neat moments. But especially towards the end, some of the things you need to know about to progress get really ridiculous, and a few boss battles felt luck-based.

I'm not too fond of Oot and TP, although I personally like the art style in the latter, and appreciate the lack of filler in the former.

I've played the 2d ones, and really like them too, but I don't feel like trying to compare them to the 3d ones. However, I'm that one freak who actually liked PH and ST, so that probably negates all my opinions forever.
#47Soanevalcke6Posted 6/28/2013 3:44:56 PM
A Link to the Past for 2D Zelda
Wind Waker for 3D Zelda

WW>OoT>TP>SS>MM
ALttP>OoA>LA>OoS>MC
---
Prime Corruption humanizes aliens better than Other M humanizes humans.
PSN/NNID/Steam: Soanevalcke6
#48deathwave21Posted 6/28/2013 4:15:48 PM
Wind Waker was the best. Because it felt the most like the original in a 3D world, then any other game. I really enjoyed the way 90% of the enemies from the original game appeared in this game. For the most part the pace of the game was on point. The only drawbacks were the lack of dungeons, patch job on Ganon's Tower, and the recycling of the four crappiest bosses of the game at the end. The latter could be fixed in WWHD by inserting a boss rush.
---
Do you want to go to college for free? Go Marines!
#49Yo_Yo_CheesePosted 6/28/2013 4:19:55 PM
SS > WW > ST > OoT > OoS > OoA > TP > ALttP > LoZ > AoL ~= PH

I would like to mention that I'm currently in the middle of Majora's Mask and I'm loving it so far. It could easily make my top 3 at this point.
---
Mains: GG: Chipp | BB: Tager | AH3: Catherine | SG: Valentine \ Cerebella
Subs: GG: Robo-Ky, Sol | BB: Jin, Platinum | AH3: Eko, Lilica
#50Nostalgia_3Posted 6/28/2013 4:30:04 PM
trenken posted...
Mwulf posted...
Mwulf posted...
...Now that I think about it, all of the Zelda games have at least one thing horridly wrong with them.

...And now I'm a little depressed.

So, uh... Majora's Mask, then.

Out of interest, what are they mate?

To hit the big games:

Link to the Past: too-narrow hit detection for combat
Ocarina of Time: giant empty Hyrule field
Wind Waker: boring, tedious sailing
Twilight Princess: giant(er) emty(er) Hyrule field
Skyward Sword: segmented world design

It's like... every single game has at least big thing holding it back from perfection.

I agree with all of that except OoT. See that one is forgivable because it was the first 3D game. There wasnt much for them to put out there. Plus its fairly small so its not like it takes long to cross it, unlike WW with that massive sea with next to nothing to do in it.

You're just making excuses.

I realize that OoT was the series first step into 3D, and thus they are bound to make mistakes, but that doesn't mean that those mistakes should be ignored. Regardless of why the mistakes were made, mistakes are still mistakes. OoT is an influential game, but that is not the same thing as being a great game.