So, about the WiiU advanced controller...

#1MwulfPosted 6/28/2013 9:38:44 AM
I was reading a review on it, and it was a bit unclear. To clarify:

1. Can it really hold a charge for 80 hours?
2. Can it be used to turn on/off the hardware independently of the gamepad?
---
"...Blame this on the misfortune of your birth."
-Char Aznable
#2MSeaCreasyPosted 6/28/2013 9:41:31 AM
1.Yes
2.Yes
---
REALM OF DEBEBE PARTY ANIMAL
#3Mwulf(Topic Creator)Posted 6/28/2013 9:45:22 AM
Thanks.
---
"...Blame this on the misfortune of your birth."
-Char Aznable
#4MilesTeg420Posted 6/28/2013 9:56:02 AM
The Pro Controller has amazing battery life and is extremely well built. It's $50 price is a great deal relative to 360/PS3 controllers. The only thing I would have liked is a more Gamecube like design with the sticks. I undertand it's basically a Gamepad without the screen, but I would have liked a controller with a different stick setup than Gamepad.
#5hiphops_saviorPosted 6/28/2013 10:03:28 AM
Yes and Yes. I personally like the layout a lot better than the 360 or the PS3. The only real gripe I have with it is the lack of analog triggers (which means that the button will wear out faster) and the weak rumble, but hardly dealbreakers.
#6mmc2679Posted 6/28/2013 10:10:51 AM
I haven't charged my gamepad in over a month now since I've started playing Monster Hunter using the Pro controller. There are some drawbacks, however. It's a pain trying to chat or post messages on the Miiverse. You can't play certain demos without the gamepad (Rayman Challenge App). You can't access the Wii U options section. So keep the gamepad handy if you're planning on doing something else other than just playing a game.
---
PSN ID: Mustq
Wii U ID: Crimson
#7MilesTeg420Posted 6/28/2013 10:10:52 AM
hiphops_savior posted...
Yes and Yes. I personally like the layout a lot better than the 360 or the PS3. The only real gripe I have with it is the lack of analog triggers (which means that the button will wear out faster) and the weak rumble, but hardly dealbreakers.

Since when do analog triggers have better durability than digital? With the DS3 the analog triggers are the most likely thing to break on the whole controller. In my experience anyway.