Do you think Other M will end up none canonical?

#171wiiking96Posted 6/30/2013 12:19:29 PM
darkjedilink posted...
wiiking96 posted...
Big_Isaac posted...
wiiking96 posted...
Can you link me to the instruction manual of Metroid 2? I'm really interested in what it says.

you can look at it or download it from here
http://metroid.retropixel.net/metroid2/manual/

I don't see where darkjedilink got his information.

Maybe you should have checked out MY link, if you're curious about where I got my info.

Could you give a proper link then that leads to the specific articles? I asked for a link to the instruction manual of Metroid 2, not the home page of the Metroid Wiki.

I'm not sure how seriously I should take the Metroid Wiki anyway.
---
More villains need to be protagonists. BIS proves it can work.
Ridley, Ganondorf, Fawful, Bowser, and Dimentio all for their own games!
#172CrystalKing5426Posted 6/30/2013 12:21:33 PM
wiiking96 posted...

http://metroid.wikia.com/wiki/Metroid_Wiki

This wiki is generally more detailed and reliable.
---
Other M is the One More Day of Metroid
Evil King of the Zelda Wii U Board
#173darkjedilinkPosted 6/30/2013 12:50:34 PM
wiiking96 posted...

At least as seriously as Other M.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#174wiiking96Posted 6/30/2013 2:20:29 PM
Still don't know where you got your information.

Please provide direct links to the exact locations where you got your information.
---
#175Big_IsaacPosted 6/30/2013 3:01:48 PM
here's a thought:

Metroids are energy-based life forms and can be subdued through cold because cold is the absence of energy. by freezing them, you are momentarily robbing them of the energy to move.
by connection, you can only make such a life form immune to cold by giving it enough energy to counteract the loss of energy that would come from being frozen.

look at this like a river. if a river has a lot of kinetic energy, i.e. when it is flowing, then it won't freeze over even in very low temperatures. however, when the river has very little kinetic energy, i.e. when it's still, then it will freeze over very quickly even under comparably high temperatures.

this means that, in order to prevent a body of water from freezing, you need to keep giving it energy by keeping it in motion.

by connection, you can only keep a Metroid from being frozen by giving it enough energy to keep its cells in motion.
however, what this would essentially amount to is giving the Metroids an unlimited supply of energy.

if that is true, then wouldn't that undo the very purpose of using Metroids as a weapon in the first place? after all, Metroids don't attack out of fun. they are animals, so logically they attack because they need to feed. if they have a unlimited supply of energy, then they wouldn't be hungry any more and hence would not longer be aggressive

the Metroids are as aggressive as they are because they are extremely gluttonous. the fact that they run exclusively on "energy" probably means they consume it at a similar rate as humans consumes oxygen or water, and hence constantly need to feed, just like humans constantly need to breath or drink.
presumably this was set up like this intentionally by the chozo, so the Metroids are more effective at eradicating the X.
---
Waiting for golden Sun 3DS
2 things are infinite: The Universe and human stupidity. I'm not sure about the Universe, though -Albert Einstein
#176Ghost-inZeShellPosted 6/30/2013 3:02:53 PM
Big_Isaac posted...

and how exactly would she go about reaching GF HQ?
go ahead, steal an airplane and try to crash it into a military base. you'll be shot the **** down before you get anywhere within a thousand miles to the base. on second thought, don't steal and airplane.

lol

A plane was flown right into the Pentagon not too long ago. Look it up.
---
What is red, blue yellow, purple, white, pink, rock, and can fly?
#177wiiking96Posted 6/30/2013 4:05:31 PM
Hey P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N, are you still here? I'm going to present this again:

http://i.imgur.com/xc7wwKo.png

If you honestly believe that the story of Metroid: Other M is well written, then you should have no trouble answering each and every question presented in these paragraphs, but I'll accept 5-10 of the questions answered.
---
#178NovaLevossidaPosted 6/30/2013 4:11:53 PM
I don't care where they go with the story. I prefer my Metroid games to have a lack of story, or one presented in the likes of Demon's / Dark Souls where everything is hidden in lore objects and observed through the environment, and to be fair, Metroid did this well in advance of Demon's Souls. So, I really don't care if Other M sticks around in the story canon or not so long as I don't have to put up with its influence or exclusion in a new game thanks to a lack of in-your-face presentation for story.
---
Sig under construction.
#179Ghost-inZeShellPosted 6/30/2013 4:19:32 PM
Aside from Fusion, what part of Metroid is well written?

I recall the story thus far was:

Kill the motherbrain and stop the space pirates.
Kill all the metroids.
Kill the space pirates and save the last metroid.

With the Prime series interjecting between one and two with it's Phazon space-magic, that wraps itself up nicely with a tight little bow, and affecting the main story in no way, what-so-ever.
---
What is red, blue yellow, purple, white, pink, rock, and can fly?
#180GEKGanonPosted 6/30/2013 5:15:34 PM
I always have to laugh when people say Metroid 1, 2, or 3 had significant story or character development. For crap's sake, aside from the intro to Super Metroid, the game had A SINGLE ANIMATION sequence (heavy breathing) outside of the normal gameplay animations.

The three games COMBINED equate to this story: Samus goes to Zebes to beat up some space pirates. Samus goes to SR388 to wipe out the Metroids, and finds a baby metroid. She donates the baby Metroid to science, but it is stolen, so she follows Ridley to Zebes to recover it.

That is it. That is THREE GAMES worth of story.
---
Steam Name: gekganon