Do you think Other M will end up none canonical?

#51VRX3000Posted 6/29/2013 10:18:22 AM
Other M contradicts the very things it was trying to make canon. Her entire backstory with the Galactic feds was changed. Her relationship with Adam was changed for the worst. It ruins Fusion by having the exact same plot twist as it, thus making Samus look like an idiot for not figuring it out in Fusion.

Now how to salvage it without a retcon....say it was the "official Galactic Fed report" or something and that the REAL story of what happened is a mystery.
---
I'm really starting to think mods hate me. no...it's official now.
#52MumboJPosted 6/29/2013 10:23:50 AM
In a just world, yes.
---
Et earello, endorenna utulien. Sinome maruvan, ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta!
#53XavuuPosted 6/29/2013 10:53:40 AM
Chill out, It's just a game. You're just giving it more attention.
---
Choice Band STAB surprise Quick Attack; Staraptor.
#54marioa64Posted 6/29/2013 10:59:00 AM
>2013
>Other M thread

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/540/658/5e8.jpg
---
This is my sig
#55Yo_Yo_CheesePosted 6/29/2013 11:01:27 AM
You don't know what I would give to have Other M retconned from existence and replaced with a new, good game about how Adam died.

And I know it's already been posted twice in this topic already, but if anyone wants to defend Other M, please read this review! I understand that it's a lengthy read and there's nothing wrong with having an opinion different from mine, but this really does explain everything wrong with Other M's godawful plot.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/lb_i.php?lb_id=13373815860B43920100&i_id=13373817520I68020100&p=2
---
Mains: GG: Chipp | BB: Tager | AH3: Catherine | SG: Valentine \ Cerebella
Subs: GG: Robo-Ky, Sol | BB: Jin, Platinum | AH3: Eko, Lilica
#56JapplackPosted 6/29/2013 11:24:42 AM
selfdeztruction posted...
Only if Adam allows it,he has alot of authority and his will is far reaching.

The baby.
---
Currently playing: Thomas Was Alone, LIMBO, Metro Last Light
Currently watching: MLP FiM, Nichijou, Attack on Titan
#57CrystalKing5426Posted 6/29/2013 11:50:18 AM
According to Other M, Prime, Echoes, Hunters, Corruption, and Fusion cannot have happened, and mucks up a lot of events from Zero Mission, ROS, and Super.

I also a topic awhile ago explaining when and where Other M probably takes place. http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/960554-metroid-other-m/65860530
---
Other M is the One More Day of Metroid
Evil King of the Zelda Wii U Board
#58STN79Posted 6/29/2013 12:05:06 PM(edited)
Okay about Samus's reaction to Ridley in Other M i thought of a similar situation.
You know how Samus is sorta loosely based on Ellen Ripley from the alien movies? Well if you recall in the first two movies she was a serious female bad ass. You know the line right? GET AWAY FROM HER YOU B****! Yeah so anyway in the third movie there's a scene where the Alien is right up in her face with it's mouth tongue thing and she's pissing herself with fear.
Wouldn't she be going all lady balls on that thing and kicking it's ass by the third time dealing with these things instead of quivering with fear? Samus has a momentary lapse of bravery and suddenly she's a frail barbie crying in a corner? Maybe she was just having a bad day and Ridley finally got under her skin for once. It happens.
#59overmaxxPosted 6/29/2013 12:25:36 PM
Bury all copies in the desert while you are at it.

It's amazing that hack Sakamoto still has a job after this trainwreck.
---
3DS: 2122 - 5984 - 7063
Animal Crossing is pretty chill.
#60DarkSaber2kPosted 6/29/2013 12:28:23 PM(edited)
STN79 posted...
Okay about Samus's reaction to Ridley in Other M i thought of a similar situation.
You know how Samus is sorta loosely based on Ellen Ripley from the alien movies? Well if you recall in the first two movies she was a serious female bad ass. You know the line right? GET AWAY FROM HER YOU B****! Yeah so anyway in the third movie there's a scene where the Alien is right up in her face with it's mouth tongue thing and she's pissing herself with fear.
Wouldn't she be going all lady balls on that thing and kicking it's ass by the third time dealing with these things instead of quivering with fear? Samus has a momentary lapse of bravery and suddenly she's a frail barbie crying in a corner? Maybe she was just having a bad day and Ridley finally got under her skin for once. It happens.

Do I REALLY need to point out that in Aliens she was armed to the teeth and that in ALien 3 she barely had even harsh language to use against it? And in the original Alien, no she wasn't bad ass. She spent most the film trying to escape the alien, not fight it. Bad comparison.