Is Metroid prime trilogy worth the high price? Or should I just get GC versions

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Is Metroid prime trilogy worth the high price? Or should I just get GC versions

User Info: IdBangWFTGirl

IdBangWFTGirl
3 years ago#1
Are MP 1 and 2 really that much better on the wii? or should I just get the GC versions and then buy MP3

User Info: CaptainRandom1

CaptainRandom1
3 years ago#2
They are way better on the Wii. That does not warrant a $100 price tag though. Get the gamecube ones.
3DS FC 4253-3597-1691

User Info: trenken

trenken
3 years ago#3
I know its expensive now but I would say it is. Its one of the last relics of the old Nintendo. You may never see anything like it again on a Nintendo console so I would say its probably worth it.

Each game is long and all 3 are great. I think its worth it for the motion controls in 1 and 2. Makes the games a little easier, not that they were ever hard, but the motion controls work very well with them.
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero

User Info: Giygasminion

Giygasminion
3 years ago#4
I love the Metroid Prime Trilogy collection. It's incredibly well made, and the motion control really enhances the experience.

As for whether it's worth the extra money, I can't answer that for you.
NN ID: Achilles11 3DS FC: 0860-3339-6889
http://backloggery.com/schamman89

User Info: Jonbazookaboz

Jonbazookaboz
3 years ago#5
The extra graphic polish and the controls make it worth it.
"If PAC-MAN had affected us kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music!"

User Info: Transdude

Transdude
3 years ago#6
Everywhere I look, I can't find the game below $300.

Anyone know somewhere else I can look?
Steam ID: jessegames1996 | 3DS FC: 2750-1600-2747 | NNID: Transdude1996 | Live GT: Transdude1996
http://www.youtube.com/user/transdude1996

User Info: CaptainRandom1

CaptainRandom1
3 years ago#7
Transdude posted...

Used on Amazon or Ebay.
3DS FC 4253-3597-1691

User Info: trenken

trenken
3 years ago#8
Transdude posted...

$300????? I found it on ebay for $80. That was about 6 months ago though. $300 is absurd. Its great and the motion controls in the first 2 are awesome, but not for that kind of money, even if you have it to waste.
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero

User Info: EighthAwakening

EighthAwakening
3 years ago#9
- Better Controls
- Some Graphical updates
- Difficulty lowered in MP2. That doesn't mean it's easy, because it's still a tough game but the GC version for many people was very hard and frustrating to the point where it put them off the game.

User Info: datopgamer

datopgamer
3 years ago#10
I checked about a week ago and they go for $180+ new. I'm waiting for it to get to about $500 or so before I sell mine off.
I5 3570k @ 4.5ghz, 12 gigs DDR3 memory, Asrock Z77 Extreme 4, 2x EVGA GTX 670 4gb SC sli, Seasonic 750w PSU, ASUS 24" monitor, 2x 23" Acer Monitors
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Is Metroid prime trilogy worth the high price? Or should I just get GC versions

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived