how will the Wii U sell by the end of the 8th generation?

#1Jacob46719Posted 6/29/2013 1:35:13 PM
We all know the answer here. - Results (63 votes)
I don't know.
22.22% (14 votes)
I don't know.
42.86% (27 votes)
I don't know.
34.92% (22 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I don't know.
---
Backlog of games: Too many unfinished games.
#2iKhanicPosted 6/29/2013 1:44:55 PM
A billion units
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
Dictator of the Zelda Wii U Board
#3FFXIgaiaknightPosted 6/29/2013 1:46:31 PM
im guessing between 40-50 mil units.
---
3DS FC: 4124-5007-1536
NNI: Gaiaknight
#4Jacob46719(Topic Creator)Posted 6/29/2013 6:50:00 PM
bamp
---
#5AstralFrostPosted 6/29/2013 6:53:00 PM
Wii U has had its high point in sales already and there's nothing on the horizon to make anyone believe that there will be a significant increase. People have already passed off on it and are waiting for the superior PS4 and XBONE and there isn't much Nintendo can do about it. Sure the Wii U might have a tiny fanbase of devout people who live in a bubble world but the majority of gamers now recognize its many faults and have moved on. Casuals aren't interested in it either so its not going to get a free run like the Wii did last gen.
---
Man at this rate I wouldn't be surprised if Mr. Iwata committed sudoku on himself
#6Numbuh100Posted 6/29/2013 6:53:36 PM
I don't know who you are....I don't know what you want...
---
Waiting for: Pokemon X and Y, Monolith Soft's X, Smash Bros. 4, Mario Kart 8, Watch Dogs, Dark Souls 2
#7BloodychessPosted 6/29/2013 6:59:47 PM
AstralFrost posted...
Wii U has had its high point in sales already and there's nothing on the horizon to make anyone believe that there will be a significant increase. People have already passed off on it and are waiting for the superior PS4 and XBONE and there isn't much Nintendo can do about it. Sure the Wii U might have a tiny fanbase of devout people who live in a bubble world but the majority of gamers now recognize its many faults and have moved on. Casuals aren't interested in it either so its not going to get a free run like the Wii did last gen.

Did the Mothership give you that material or did you think really hard and come up with it yourself?
---
My pancakes are haunted, they give me the crepes!!
#8Jacob46719(Topic Creator)Posted 6/29/2013 7:08:27 PM
Bloodychess posted...
AstralFrost posted...

Did the Mothership give you that material or did you think really hard and come up with it yourself?

He's just trying his best to troll.
---
#9BestInTheWorIdPosted 6/30/2013 1:01:50 PM
AstralFrost posted...

Agreed.
#10DarkFoxVPosted 6/30/2013 1:27:15 PM(edited)
Truth be told no one knows.

WiiU's must have titles are set for release in late 2013 through 2014. The system will be advertised normally by the holiday season and Nintendo has a several 3rd parties ready to return should sales increase.

On an estimate WiiU's sale will increase at least by 15% during the 2013 holiday season. And will maintain this increase with the slight chance of improvement during 2014.

What would really help is a price drop but iwata has stated that there are no plans for one anytime soon. Which means we probably won't see one until late 2014/early 2015.

Interestingly enough, had the X1 not reversed it's policies, and kept it's DRM. The WiiU's sales would have gained a steady upward increase along side the PS4. with a price drop securing it's 2nd place. 1st place if Sony screws up the PS4 with anything similar to the PSN hacking incident back in 2011.

As things stand right now, it technically still has a chance for 2nd, but it's a very slim chance that weighs on rather or not Nintendo can turn the WiiU into the second coming of the PS2 and rather or not MS makes another big mistake like a second coming of RRoD or a privacy invasion scandel.

Gen 8 is pretty interesting when you think about it. Anything could happen with the PS4/X1 being near identical inside and out save for slight spec differences and WiiU being close to a 4.0 million lead with it's flag ship titles on the horrizon. Only time will tell which system will come out on top. PS4 has a strong lead and WiiU is the most sold right now (not counting the PS4/X1 preorders). But can they launch strong with no problems? We'll all see soon enough.
---
"Legends never die"