Nintendo and Sony Atlus Games partnership?

#1THMBZDownGNZUpPosted 6/29/2013 3:45:06 PM
If Nintendo and Sony agreed to a partnership in which they both share Atlus Games' IPs, would you like it? - Results (89 votes)
Yes, I would prefer Nintendo and Sony share Atlus rather than either of them having exclusivity to them.
53.93% (48 votes)
No, I would rather Nintendo have full exclusivity to Atlus instead of sharing them.
46.07% (41 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I couldn't think of a "Maybe" option, but this seems more like an "All-or-Nothing" type of poll anyway. What say you?
#2FayeLadyPosted 6/29/2013 3:46:31 PM
The moment Nintendo and Sony agree to any type of partnership the collusion begins to screw us over as gamers.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.
#3THMBZDownGNZUp(Topic Creator)Posted 6/29/2013 3:54:54 PM
FayeLady posted...
The moment Nintendo and Sony agree to any type of partnership the collusion begins to screw us over as gamers.

I understand. But would you or would you not like the partnership?
#4thundercat2600Posted 6/29/2013 3:55:59 PM
I prefer them to go 100% Sony.
---
Nintendo stock the day before Wii U was announced: 26,500
Nintendo stock today: 9,200
#5FayeLadyPosted 6/29/2013 4:03:03 PM
THMBZDownGNZUp posted...
FayeLady posted...

I understand. But would you or would you not like the partnership?

I would find it distasteful that they came to an agreement over something they should compete over in a fair market. If they compete for Atlus' support then Atlus has more resources in turn to create their games.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.
#6lordofthenlpplePosted 6/29/2013 4:05:28 PM
Atlus's biggest weakness is money. Which is why you keep seeing them make games for handhelds and have no games on current generation consoles.
---
Liu Ye the Magnificent
#7xanthan1Posted 6/29/2013 4:15:29 PM
lordofthenlpple posted...
Atlus's biggest weakness is money. Which is why you keep seeing them make games for handhelds and have no games on current generation consoles.

Or they might just think handhelds are easier to make games for and at the same time sufficiently advanced enough for the games they make.
#8TwilightEchoesPosted 6/29/2013 4:37:08 PM
I highly doubt Sony would ever outright buy Atlus. Their audience is barely enough to profit themselves, and their budget-minded games and sales certainly aren't enough to benefit a behemoth multi-billion dollar first-party that has already amassed so much AAA and indie support already.

Nintendo, on the other hand, kind of needs developers like Atlus. Their handheld business, where Atlus has chosen to excel lately, is also a far more profitable territory than the Vita right now and that shows no signs on stopping as of yet.

I'm not really showing a preference either way. I mean, it's not like people play Atlus games for pushing hardware so I don't really care what system they're on. I know Atlus will be great either way.
---
[Insert an "[Insert witty saying or joke]" sig here]
#9THMBZDownGNZUp(Topic Creator)Posted 6/29/2013 5:00:58 PM
In all honesty, Sony and Microsoft already have plenty third-party support as well as first-party support, and I feel that Nintendo would be best suited in acquiring Atlus and them becoming a first-party Nintendo developer. Second best would be Sony.

However, I would most prefer a Japanese third-party publisher/developer such as Namco Bandai, Square Enix, or Capcom to buy Atlus and release games on all systems.