Super Mario Bros 2: The Lost Levels

#1SoggyCornflakePosted 6/29/2013 4:30:40 PM
Downloaded this on my Wii channel, and I am finding it so unbelievably frustrating. I'm trying to beat every main Super Mario game, and I can't handle the difficulty in combination with the graphics and controls/physics. Is there any other way I can play this on the Wii U? I know about Super Mario All Stars, but the cheapest I can find a used one online is like 80 Canadian. I wish they would just release the SNES one on VC, sigh.
#2Boomerang78Posted 6/29/2013 4:35:14 PM
You can get the original SNES carts for a decent price on ebay. If you're looking for the Wii version... well. :P
---
http://i.imgur.com/yD9N0.gif
#3Second_HokagePosted 6/29/2013 4:38:27 PM
SoggyCornflake posted...
Downloaded this on my Wii channel, and I am finding it so unbelievably frustrating. I'm trying to beat every main Super Mario game, and I can't handle the difficulty in combination with the graphics and controls/physics. Is there any other way I can play this on the Wii U? I know about Super Mario All Stars, but the cheapest I can find a used one online is like 80 Canadian. I wish they would just release the SNES one on VC, sigh.

Keep at it.
#4SoggyCornflake(Topic Creator)Posted 6/29/2013 4:39:03 PM
I don't own a SNES, unfortunately.
#5SoggyCornflake(Topic Creator)Posted 6/29/2013 4:40:29 PM
Has anyone played the SNES version? Is it easier to control? Should I just give in and buy it? Has anyone completed The Lost Levels and not gone insane?
#6Boomerang78Posted 6/29/2013 4:42:23 PM
From what I remember, the SNES version feels easier to control and the graphics are very pretty.

The Lost Levels is by far the most difficult official Mario game out there. It's designed to be a ball-bustingly difficult bastard of a game, so don't be too dejected because you're having trouble with it.
---
#7overmaxxPosted 6/29/2013 4:43:03 PM
Boomerang78 posted...
You can get the original SNES carts for a decent price on ebay. If you're looking for the Wii version... well. :P

Funny how when the Wii version released, people screamed "lazy cash grab!!!" and "waste of time!".
Now everyone wants it, and no one has it, causing the price to skyrocket, and it keeps rising.
---
3DS: 2122 - 5984 - 7063
Animal Crossing is pretty chill.
#8Boomerang78Posted 6/29/2013 4:43:20 PM
Also, you can try... other methods... in order to test the physics of the game and whatnot before you want to commit to a purchase or not. Besides, it also has upgrades for Mario Bros 1, 2 USA, and 3 which is an added bonus.
---
#9slymshadyPosted 6/29/2013 4:44:01 PM
Snes version is easier as you can save in between levels
#10distr0iaPosted 6/29/2013 4:46:39 PM(edited)
I got to play this again recently as a free download along with DKC Returns 3D. I did finish the game on All-Stars, but that didn't make it any easier the second time around

It's a very tough game that will try the skills and patience of everyone who plays it. I highly recommend choosing Mario