Why isn't the Wii Menu just integrated into the Wii U one?

#11DiscostewSMPosted 6/30/2013 11:00:52 AM
Like others have said, it probably has something to do with needing to interact with the Wii OS than simply "launch the game" like DS/i games do. Not saying I don't want them integrated together, but it may require a lot for little gain in comparison to making them separate as they are now.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#12icarus231Posted 6/30/2013 11:02:42 AM
Are people really to lazy to hit a few buttons?
---
NNID: Icarus231
#13Ultima_MagikarpPosted 6/30/2013 12:30:38 PM
I don't think they need to fully integrate the menus, just let you start a Wii disk from the Wii U disk icon (and boot up the Wii OS in the background if necessary).
#14Shadowbird_RHPosted 6/30/2013 12:41:41 PM
Did people forget that holding in B during startup takes you straight to the Wii channel?
---
Surrender and I will destroy you peacefully.
R.E.G.I.S. mk5 - Megas XLR
#15darkjedilinkPosted 6/30/2013 12:52:38 PM
Shadowbird_RH posted...
Did people forget that holding in B during startup takes you straight to the Wii channel?

Still not good enough, cuz Nintendo.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#16Nostalgia_3Posted 6/30/2013 12:55:00 PM
Shadowbird_RH posted...

People would whine about it even if it was thought-controlled.
#17DarkFoxVPosted 6/30/2013 1:02:00 PM
Kayube posted...
I think it has something to do with how some Wii games expect the Wii's OS to be there (like Mario Galaxy putting messages on the Wii message board). Those games might get confused if they were running on something else.

Actually the WiiU's OS could have been designed to support games that look for the Wii's OS and it's features.

The most likely reason is that the WiiU was rushed out the door a full year before it was ready. So the Wii OS was likely tacked on to give it BC due to lack of time on the developer's part.
---
"Legends never die"
#18GEKGanonPosted 6/30/2013 1:06:12 PM
What surprises me is that they ditched all the Wii apps, and didn't move them over to the Wii U. No news channel, or weather, or Check Mii Out, or the random polls... but more confusingly, no Nintendo Channel?!
---
Steam Name: gekganon
#19darkjedilinkPosted 6/30/2013 1:07:29 PM
DarkFoxV posted...
Kayube posted...
I think it has something to do with how some Wii games expect the Wii's OS to be there (like Mario Galaxy putting messages on the Wii message board). Those games might get confused if they were running on something else.

Actually the WiiU's OS could have been designed to support games that look for the Wii's OS and it's features.

Yeah, because the Wii U OS isn't unresponsive as it is.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#20wombatkiddPosted 6/30/2013 1:10:30 PM
GEKGanon posted...
What surprises me is that they ditched all the Wii apps, and didn't move them over to the Wii U. No news channel, or weather, or Check Mii Out, or the random polls... but more confusingly, no Nintendo Channel?!

Eshop Videos replace the Nintendo Channel. Not sure why they dropped check Mii out, though. The internet browser pretty much replaces the rest of them.
---
---
"Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master."