Nintendo is better at making a profit, not making games

#1lgiPosted 6/30/2013 10:40:20 AM
Look at how things are now. Do you think they will ever invest on a Pokemon game with voice acting? How about the new Mario titles, where's the innovation there? It's been done before. New Zelda? Nah, release the HD upgrade and profit. And of course some fans are quick to remind you they "won" last gen due to sales. So really, who cares. They're not the innovators they were before, they just want to make a quick buck out of it's loyal fans.
#2LuckyLickmorePosted 6/30/2013 10:43:46 AM
If we don't mind, and like it, who cares?
#3NovaLevossidaPosted 6/30/2013 10:44:13 AM
I can't really refute this. Sakurai seems to be the only one even trying any more, but half of Nintendo's games still manage to come out with polish on them. Unfortunately, the other half just seems like they're shoving stuff out the door to sell.
---
Sig under construction.
#4m3dworldPosted 6/30/2013 10:47:42 AM
There is more innovation in mario galaxy 2 alone, than in all of sonys games
---
mario 3d world... from the makers of the best game ever.
#5P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 6/30/2013 10:48:08 AM
64 - Sunshine - Galaxy - 3D World all different concepts

Pokepark Wii has voice acting

New Zelda comes out later

C'mon Igi. You're better than this.
---
NNID: Ko-san
"SUUUPERRR!"
#6BeanBeanKingdomPosted 6/30/2013 10:48:09 AM
Games like Kid Icarus Uprising, Luigi's Mansion 2 and Fire Emblem Awakening have great production values and care put into them. Upcoming stuff like Mario & Luigi 4 and Pikmin 3 seem to be following suit.
---
Had a Street Fighter signature for four years, but Crapcom doesn't deserve such recognition anymore.
#7lgi(Topic Creator)Posted 6/30/2013 10:48:47 AM
m3dworld posted...

And yet they make NSMBU after that.
#8darkjedilinkPosted 6/30/2013 10:51:01 AM
Considering the fact that companies and divisions within them cannot live without profits....
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#9ORANGE666Posted 6/30/2013 10:52:23 AM
m3dworld posted...

Such innovation in mg2! Just look at the hordes of developers copying all the innovation from it!

Oh wait. People actually need to copy something for it to innovate. Ico and uncharted set a standard that many developers tried to copy from. How is mg2 innovative when it did nothing for gaming?
#10lgi(Topic Creator)Posted 6/30/2013 10:52:27 AM
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...
64 - Sunshine - Galaxy - 3D World all different concepts

Pokepark Wii has voice acting

New Zelda comes out later

C'mon Igi. You're better than this.

I don't want to troll. What I mean is, I doubt they'll invest much in games to maximize profits. They won't take a chance with a new F-Zero because they don't think it'll sell well, even though a lot of fans want to see a new installment in the Wii U. But we get NSMBU. That's not to say that NSMBU is a bad title, but it's cost way less to produce and will make them a big profit on the name alone. Of course they need to make money. but when are they going to invest some of that money back into the games?

What's the most ambitious title they're working on right now? None. I bet Ubisoft spends more money producing a game for the Wii U than Nintendo ever will.