List Nintendo games with a "achievement system"

#1mcnichojPosted 6/30/2013 4:08:52 PM
To clarify what achievements are, they're ways of marking progress or the completion of a arbitrary task that has little to no impact on the actual games completion, they're also a way of forcing more replayability.

Examples being in actual list form the 3DS accomplishments and Kid Iccarus Uprising.
Non-list formatted are Super Mario 3D Land and New Super Mario Bros U profile stars.

Looking mostly for Nintendo exclusive titles.
---
PSN/XBL/Steam: mcnichoj
Proud Vita/3DS/Wii U owner. | Level 50 in Gears Judgement Demo, yes this needed to be in my sig because a thread wasn't enough
#2wombatkiddPosted 6/30/2013 4:10:28 PM
If you need achievments to force you to replay a game, it's not worth replaying. That's my 2.
---
---
"Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master."
#3BloodychessPosted 6/30/2013 4:18:43 PM
wombatkidd posted...
If you need achievments to force you to replay a game, it's not worth replaying. That's my 2.

This.

Trophies/Achievements are just shallow justifications for replaying/continuing to play the game.
---
My pancakes are haunted, they give me the crepes!!
#4mcnichoj(Topic Creator)Posted 6/30/2013 4:25:02 PM
Thank you for your opinions guys.
---
PSN/XBL/Steam: mcnichoj
Proud Vita/3DS/Wii U owner. | Level 50 in Gears Judgement Demo, yes this needed to be in my sig because a thread wasn't enough
#5SpookyryuPosted 6/30/2013 4:34:00 PM
wombatkidd posted...

Indeed, however I recall Resident Evil Darkside Chronicles to have achievements, lol
#6mr_rush101Posted 6/30/2013 4:40:02 PM
You guys are looking at the achievement system the wrong way. Some of them really test you as a gamer and make you pull off some big feats. Imagine one of them for a Nintendo game, beating Super Mario 64 without taking damage. Then when your friends see you did that, they're going to try that crazy stunt. It creates competition which most Nintendo fans shy away from.
---
I'm better than SolidStryder
#7Xenesis XenonPosted 6/30/2013 4:41:30 PM
mr_rush101 posted...
You guys are looking at the achievement system the wrong way. Some of them really test you as a gamer and make you pull off some big feats. Imagine one of them for a Nintendo game, beating Super Mario 64 without taking damage. Then when your friends see you did that, they're going to try that crazy stunt. It creates competition which most Nintendo fans shy away from.

If you want to do a silly challenge you don't need to have a little +1 icon that appears when you complete it. People have been doing challenge runs since the dawn of gaming.
---
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled AW community on the web.
#8zero_x300Posted 6/30/2013 4:44:53 PM
Xenesis Xenon posted...
mr_rush101 posted...

If you want to do a silly challenge you don't need to have a little +1 icon that appears when you complete it. People have been doing challenge runs since the dawn of gaming.

You're speaking like an achievement system would ruin a game. If anything, it does nothing but add more to the experience.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaKAomQTLbc
#9mr_rush101Posted 6/30/2013 4:48:09 PM
Xenesis Xenon posted...
mr_rush101 posted...

Yes they have, it's still fun seeing what achievements your friends have completed other than beating the game. You can see what type of gamer somebody is too. Did they just beat the game or did the strive to get 100% completion. I don't know whats silly about challenging yourself though.
---
I'm better than SolidStryder
#10manmousePosted 6/30/2013 4:48:19 PM
mr_rush101 posted...

but they could increase the incentive by offering perks for doing so. whether it's new modes of gameplay, secret characters, secret levels, new items, large amounts of lives (IE the reward for finding 120 stars), huge sums of in game currency, alternate costumes, etc.

achievements are just excuses for lazy design, to create challenges that offer you no true reward. a well designed challenge offers you genuine incentives.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b18HMqJW5A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nt1-XWiMveY