To those saying that the Wii U will succeed based on the 3DS' bounceback...

#101Vyers(Topic Creator)Posted 7/1/2013 9:41:17 AM
Haigicotsu posted...
GloryChaos posted...
Melkac posted...
"3. The 3DS is still struggling in the US"

What?

The idea is that it should be outselling everything else by much more due to the fact that the competition consist of The Ps Vita and 7 year old consoles.

It's facing the same competition in other countries as well, so I'm a little confused...

The thing is that it's not about people buying one thing over another (though that may be the case with smartphones/tablets being more competitive toward dedicated handhelds). It's a matter of Nintendo's 3DS appealing more to one region than the other.

As for Mistwalker and Ganbarion, All I know of them is that Nintendo ignored their games in America, and they had to be supported by third parties.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThankTheBear Subscribe for LPs of Pokemon Snap, The Legend of Zelda, Dragon Warrior, Super Mario Bros. 3, Bionicle, and more~!
#102Vyers(Topic Creator)Posted 7/1/2013 9:42:34 AM
To address something else you say, I think you're confused. I'm referring to two specific examples of Wii user flakiness, No More Heroes and Boom Blox. Both got better with their sequels, and yet both bombed with their sequels. Both had great advertising with their sequels, yet no one cared about either.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThankTheBear Subscribe for LPs of Pokemon Snap, The Legend of Zelda, Dragon Warrior, Super Mario Bros. 3, Bionicle, and more~!
#103dancing_cactuarPosted 7/1/2013 9:47:19 AM(edited)
Vyers posted...
Hell, the Genesis was in many ways a failure due to how it affected the Saturn's success.

Is it bad that I'm stuck on this?

The Genesis was not a failure. At all. And also, the Saturn didn't fail because of the Genesis. The Saturn failed because they
A: Made too many stupid add ons for the Genesis such as the 32X and the CD, confusing the consumer,
B. Launched the console in North America without telling anybody, even developers, prior and by fooling everybody that it would come out months later,
C: Made it $100 dollars more expensive than the Playstation, (this sounds familiar...)
D: Only had 6 games at launch,
E: Pissed off huge retailers, such as Wall Mart and KB Toys so much, they emphasized their promotion on the competition, and
F: Launched the Saturn in Europe mere months before the Playstation, when the Playstation fanbase was really growing.

Do your research.
---
I kinda like to imagine that all Voice-Actors are reality-jumping individuals basically stuck in a Quantum Leap situation.
#104Vyers(Topic Creator)Posted 7/1/2013 9:50:43 AM
Well, let's adurr in response.

Adurrr

Oops one too many r's.

A. and D. explicitly exist because of the Genesis and its add-ons (like it or not, the 32X and SCD tie into the Genesis' overall end step).
---
#105SpookyryuPosted 7/1/2013 9:51:39 AM
Vyers posted...
To address something else you say, I think you're confused. I'm referring to two specific examples of Wii user flakiness, No More Heroes and Boom Blox. Both got better with their sequels, and yet both bombed with their sequels. Both had great advertising with their sequels, yet no one cared about either.

Just for 2 games that didn't sell that well for the sequels doesn't mean all the games will be the same case, however, you cannot say the WII was a failure, and also you cannot say that WII U will be doomed just because 2 games didn't have the success that you want, that's why Nintendo is trying to appeal more to hardcore gamers, with bayonetta 2 and X, so you can make assumptions its fine, but it's hard to get an overall of how well a company did with 2 examples, sorry
#106Vyers(Topic Creator)Posted 7/1/2013 9:54:04 AM
Two examples of games that didn't sell well. de Blob is another fun example. Red Steel as well.
---
#107Big_IsaacPosted 7/1/2013 9:55:07 AM
Vyers posted...

Adurrr

Oops one too many r's.

Vyers posted...
As for the issue at hand - now let's stick to them instead of petty "attacks"

look who's talking
---
Waiting for golden Sun 3DS
2 things are infinite: The Universe and human stupidity. I'm not sure about the Universe, though -Albert Einstein
#108BuretsuPosted 7/1/2013 9:56:07 AM
Vyers posted...
Two examples of games that didn't sell well. de Blob is another fun example. Red Steel as well.

You think maybe people just.. didn't want them?
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#109Vyers(Topic Creator)Posted 7/1/2013 9:56:21 AM
Big_Isaac posted...
Vyers posted...

Adurrr

Oops one too many r's.

Vyers posted...
As for the issue at hand - now let's stick to them instead of petty "attacks"

look who's talking

Not really an attack, just a summation. Less an attack than "do your research".
---
#110Vyers(Topic Creator)Posted 7/1/2013 9:58:28 AM
Buretsu posted...
Vyers posted...

You think maybe people just.. didn't want them?

No More Heroes is a game with tons of advertising, tons of appeal, a continuing story from the last game, etc. The sequel enhanced every single quality and eliminated numerous flaws, while continuing the story. No More Heroes is a fantasitc example among other examples of a game that did everything anyone could ask a game to do, and failed nonetheless.
---