To those saying that the Wii U will succeed based on the 3DS' bounceback...

#111SpookyryuPosted 7/1/2013 9:58:56 AM
Vyers posted...
Two examples of games that didn't sell well. de Blob is another fun example. Red Steel as well.

and why don't cite games that did sell well?, I can name more then 4 games that really sell well, so you can excuse all you thing you can, because you already bought an idea, that idea will stick into your mind even though is wrong, so it's ok, maybe you can create in one year and a half, what it took the 3ds in bounceback and see at the end what happened, so you can see if you assumptions were correct or not
#112dancing_cactuarPosted 7/1/2013 9:59:18 AM
Vyers posted...
Well, let's adurr in response.

Adurrr

Oops one too many r's.

First off, what is this? Is this supposed to be funny? Because it's not.

Secondly,

"A. and D. explicitly exist because of the Genesis and its add-ons (like it or not, the 32X and SCD tie into the Genesis' overall end step)."

A, I will give you that, there's no denying it. D, on the other hand, exists because of their early launch mistake, the developers were also fooled into thinking it would launch in September, so they were more lax with development and prepped the development so it would be ready in September. Japanese games were only partially translated, some games weren't even completely programmed yet, and the only games that were ready at launch were, to no surprise, the Sega games.
So D COULD be tied in some way with the Genesis and Sega's staunch decision to stick with it to the end, but it had much more to do with their idiotic decision to launch the console without telling anybody. That would be like if the Xbox One launched tomorrow, The third party launch games wouldn't be ready, but all of Microsoft's exclusives sure as hell would.
---
I kinda like to imagine that all Voice-Actors are reality-jumping individuals basically stuck in a Quantum Leap situation.
#113Vyers(Topic Creator)Posted 7/1/2013 10:00:32 AM
Spookyryu posted...
Vyers posted...
Two examples of games that didn't sell well. de Blob is another fun example. Red Steel as well.

and why don't cite games that did sell well?, I can name more then 4 games that really sell well, so you can excuse all you thing you can, because you already bought an idea, that idea will stick into your mind even though is wrong, so it's ok, maybe you can create in one year and a half, what it took the 3ds in bounceback and see at the end what happened, so you can see if you assumptions were correct or not

Go ahead.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThankTheBear Subscribe for LPs of Pokemon Snap, The Legend of Zelda, Dragon Warrior, Super Mario Bros. 3, Bionicle, and more~!
#114Big_IsaacPosted 7/1/2013 10:02:05 AM
Vyers posted...
Big_Isaac posted...
Vyers posted...

Adurrr

Oops one too many r's.

Vyers posted...
As for the issue at hand - now let's stick to them instead of petty "attacks"

look who's talking

Not really an attack, just a summation. Less an attack than "do your research".

"summarizing" another person's points as a bunch of braindead gibberish is very much insulting.
---
Waiting for golden Sun 3DS
2 things are infinite: The Universe and human stupidity. I'm not sure about the Universe, though -Albert Einstein
#115Vyers(Topic Creator)Posted 7/1/2013 10:03:16 AM
Big_Isaac posted...
Vyers posted...
Big_Isaac posted...
Vyers posted...

Adurrr

Oops one too many r's.

Vyers posted...
As for the issue at hand - now let's stick to them instead of petty "attacks"

look who's talking

Not really an attack, just a summation. Less an attack than "do your research".

"summarizing" another person's points as a bunch of braindead gibberish is very much insulting.

Oh well. :V
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThankTheBear Subscribe for LPs of Pokemon Snap, The Legend of Zelda, Dragon Warrior, Super Mario Bros. 3, Bionicle, and more~!
#116BuretsuPosted 7/1/2013 10:07:30 AM
Vyers posted...
Buretsu posted...
Vyers posted...

You think maybe people just.. didn't want them?

No More Heroes is a game with tons of advertising, tons of appeal, a continuing story from the last game, etc. The sequel enhanced every single quality and eliminated numerous flaws, while continuing the story. No More Heroes is a fantasitc example among other examples of a game that did everything anyone could ask a game to do, and failed nonetheless.

Which only leads me to reiterate that maybe people just didn't want it. Or maybe it was because it was a sequel released three years after the original. Or maybe because the original only had niche appeal to begin with.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#117Vyers(Topic Creator)Posted 7/1/2013 10:11:30 AM
It sold quite well, the original; the sequel, in contrast, is significantly worse in sales. My whole point is that the risk-reward for making Wii versions for your multi-console game is not good. The only ones that have had any reasonable level of success are the ones that didn't need much work - ie, Rayman Origins, Guitar Hero, Rock Band - to make good for the Wii. Most games, however, they had to spend too much money to make a Wii version.
---
#118dancing_cactuarPosted 7/1/2013 10:12:14 AM
Buretsu posted...
Vyers posted...
Buretsu posted...
Vyers posted...

You think maybe people just.. didn't want them?

No More Heroes is a game with tons of advertising, tons of appeal, a continuing story from the last game, etc. The sequel enhanced every single quality and eliminated numerous flaws, while continuing the story. No More Heroes is a fantasitc example among other examples of a game that did everything anyone could ask a game to do, and failed nonetheless.

Which only leads me to reiterate that maybe people just didn't want it. Or maybe it was because it was a sequel released three years after the original. Or maybe because the original only had niche appeal to begin with.

Don't forget the fact that it also released at the same time as Tatsunoko VS Capcom and Mass Effect 2.
---
I kinda like to imagine that all Voice-Actors are reality-jumping individuals basically stuck in a Quantum Leap situation.
#119BuretsuPosted 7/1/2013 10:15:36 AM
Vyers posted...
It sold quite well, the original; the sequel, in contrast, is significantly worse in sales. My whole point is that the risk-reward for making Wii versions for your multi-console game is not good. The only ones that have had any reasonable level of success are the ones that didn't need much work - ie, Rayman Origins, Guitar Hero, Rock Band - to make good for the Wii. Most games, however, they had to spend too much money to make a Wii version.

No More Heroes sold about 530k copies. The sequel sold 360k.

I'll agree with your premise about it costing too much to make a Wii version of games, but I must point out that the gap between the Wii U and the PS4/XBone is narrower than the one between the Wii and the PS3/360.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#120ShankspearePosted 7/1/2013 10:19:21 AM
Vyers posted...

wait wait wait.....................rayman origins is a success.......but the Wii isn't...........................come on man.