To those saying that the Wii U will succeed based on the 3DS' bounceback...

#181mjc0961Posted 7/1/2013 1:51:13 PM
Vyers posted...
There's simply too many different things going on here.

Nah, trolling the Wii U board isn't any different than any other thread that goes on here. Get out here with that 3DS is still struggling bulls***.
---
sirtonne posted...
This topic is so stupid I had to slap my wife.
#182the_cajun88Posted 7/1/2013 3:16:11 PM
not sure if trolling or serious
---
University of Tennessee Alumni
http://i.imgur.com/jC1P9wo.jpg
#183DTY3Posted 7/2/2013 12:49:56 PM
Vyers posted...
DTY3 posted...
ITT: 3DS is a failure "because."

Seems you accidentally cut-off.

Nah, my original statement stands.
---
You know the gaming industry is **** when the biggest announcement is that a console can play used games and won't totally screw you over.
#184Vyers(Topic Creator)Posted 7/2/2013 1:37:43 PM
DTY3 posted...
Vyers posted...
DTY3 posted...
ITT: 3DS is a failure "because."

Seems you accidentally cut-off.

Nah, my original statement stands.

Not really? Because there are clearly demonstrated reasons why this is true.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThankTheBear Subscribe for LPs of Pokemon Snap, The Legend of Zelda, Dragon Warrior, Super Mario Bros. 3, Bionicle, and more~!
#185DTY3Posted 7/2/2013 1:41:22 PM
The 3DS isnt a failure because you say so. It doesnt matter how old it's competition is, that doesnt suddenly change the amount it has sold. End of story.
---
You know the gaming industry is **** when the biggest announcement is that a console can play used games and won't totally screw you over.
#186Vyers(Topic Creator)Posted 7/2/2013 1:48:31 PM
DTY3 posted...
The 3DS isnt a failure because you say so. It doesnt matter how old it's competition is, that doesnt suddenly change the amount it has sold. End of story.

Is the 3DS a success because you say so? Or is it a success once it's demonstrated as such?

The fact is that no one is claiming that the 3DS sold well in May. It just sold "better than everything else".
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThankTheBear Subscribe for LPs of Pokemon Snap, The Legend of Zelda, Dragon Warrior, Super Mario Bros. 3, Bionicle, and more~!
#187gokauryPosted 7/2/2013 3:12:58 PM
MilesTeg420 posted...
HayashiTakara posted...
I'm guessing these days the fastest selling handheld of all time is a flop.

In a few months this statement will no longer be true. At 2.5 years (10 quarters) the DS was at 40m. It then sold over 30 million units the next year, putting it at 70m in 3.5 years. After 4.5, another 30+m and it was over 100m.

The 3DS is at 33m after 2 years and two months from NA date (it released earlier in Japan too). The 3DS would need to sell an additional 7m units by September just to match DS.

^ I can't believe nobody has acknowledged the above post, from 5 pages ago. I have read this entire, unnecessarily long, topic. But, this actually has to be the most intelligent post I have read, bar none. Someone actually did their research. It wins the topic, despite what others, and I here, will post.

Adding to it, by the time X/Y and Zelda 3DS are released in October and November, 3DS will catch up to match, and possibly exceed, the DS sales at the 2.75 year mark for both consoles. Once that happens, this whole topic will be null and void. Wii U is following the same pattern. Once the actual great 1st party games are set to come out early next year, not to mention if there is a price cut as well, sales of Wii U will greatly increase. That, to me, is all that matters.
---
PS3 Platinums: Heavy Rain, Infamous 2, Lego Indiana Jones 2, Resident Evil 5+6, Skyrim, DBZ: Budokai HD
#1881shadetail1Posted 7/2/2013 3:17:07 PM
Vyers posted...
Is the 3DS a success because you say so?

No, it's a success because the facts say so. The only reason you're refusing to admit that is because you're just trolling for attention. So I'll grant you one thing: you've definitely accomplished your real objective. Even so, you're still wrong about the 3DS.
---
Religion is like spaghetti: either stiff and fragile, or wet and limp.
#189BuretsuPosted 7/2/2013 3:30:00 PM
Vyers posted...
DTY3 posted...

Is the 3DS a success because you say so? Or is it a success once it's demonstrated as such?

The fact is that no one is claiming that the 3DS sold well in May. It just sold "better than everything else".

I suppose it depends on what you want to call 'selling well'. May was a bit of a down month, with the 3DS only selling 575k units, down from 641k in April. But then it went up to 718k in June.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit