Monolith Soft's X needs more advertising support on Wii U

#1Numbuh100Posted 7/1/2013 3:12:11 AM
Somehow it needs to get those FF fans attention. We can't let their money fall into SE's trap. SE is a shell with noob developers now. Monolith Soft is their savior. God help us now!
---
Waiting for: Pokemon X and Y, Monolith Soft's X, Smash Bros. 4, Mario Kart 8, Watch Dogs, Dark Souls 2
#2BeanBeanKingdomPosted 7/1/2013 3:19:25 AM
You should start getting paid for all the advertising you do about it.

I agree though, and I hope Nintendo will advertise this one a lot more than Xenoblade.
---
Had a Street Fighter signature for four years, but Crapcom doesn't deserve such recognition anymore.
#3JonbazookabozPosted 7/1/2013 3:51:58 AM
It hasnt even shown its first full trailer yet. Give it time.
---
"If PAC-MAN had affected us kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music!"
#4STE573Posted 7/1/2013 4:31:57 AM
Not sure if serious...

It isn't a GTA or an Elder Scrolls. The marketing for a game like this shouldn't start until it is imminent. Starting advertising now would probably just be a waste of money due to it having so little information out and it being a new IP, so momentum isn't going to be a thing it already has outside of people who actually already plan on buying the game anyway.

It looks like a massive exclusive, but I'm not sold on it yet, despite enjoying Xenoblade. I really want ot to be the RPG I've wanted for the last few years, which Xenoblade came close to being but fell short due to a few niggles and me playing it with a Wiimote.
---
Im British!
GT- x STE 90 x, PSN ID- X-STE-90-X Currently playing Dragons Dogma (360) Xcom (360) Persona 4 (Vita) Demon Souls (PS3).
#5nonexistingheroPosted 7/1/2013 8:11:33 AM
The creator's wife called the 2 current trailers (with mostly gameplay) 'teasers'. Basically, we haven't seen anything yet. Almost everything, outside of some basic gameplay mechanics is still a mystery about the game.

I hope we do get a real trailer for the game this year though.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#6trenkenPosted 7/1/2013 8:22:43 AM(edited)
Numbuh100 posted...
Somehow it needs to get those FF fans attention. We can't let their money fall into SE's trap. SE is a shell with noob developers now. Monolith Soft is their savior. God help us now!

Its a Japanese style game. They simply arent popular in the US. There is a damn good reason why there is so few JRPGs coming out in the US these days. Its been that way for years now, so I dont think theyre ever going to be looked at like a Naughty Dog, or Bethesda, or R*, any other very well known dev. Just because they make a JRPG once every 3 years isnt going to make them mega popular. Theyre in a genre that isnt popular in the US. Theres no way around that.
---
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero
#7Darth GeckoPosted 7/1/2013 8:23:26 AM
An official title would help.
---
San Francisco Giants 2012 World Champions
http://darth-gecko.dvdaf.com/owned
#8MilesTeg420Posted 7/1/2013 8:29:27 AM
trenken posted...
Numbuh100 posted...

Its a Japanese style game. They simply arent popular in the US. There is a damn good reason why there is so few JRPGs coming out in the US these days. Its been that way for years now, so I dont think theyre ever going to be looked at like a Naughty Dog, or Bethesda, or R*, any other very well known dev. Just because they make a JRPG once every 3 years isnt going to make them mega popular. Theyre in a genre that isnt popular in the US. Theres no way around that.

Bottom line is, the reason why there are so few JRPGS on consoles these days is because the Japanese home console market is awful. There's little reason to make a console JRPG when your own market won't be buying it.
#9trenkenPosted 7/1/2013 8:32:16 AM
MilesTeg420 posted...
trenken posted...
Numbuh100 posted...

Bottom line is, the reason why there are so few JRPGS on consoles these days is because the Japanese home console market is awful. There's little reason to make a console JRPG when your own market won't be buying it.

Thats the issue. Of course there are still people like the TC that love these games and want to see their developers thrive, but there just isnt enough people like him in the US to make that happen.

Does anyone really think X is going to sell 5+ million copies? If it hits 2 Ill be pretty surprised. Think about how popular Metroid is. They put Metroid Prime 3 out on a system in 100 million homes, and the game only sold 1.5 mil total worldwide.

Um, how in the world is X in a very unpopular genre on a system that next to noone is buying going to be a success? I cant see it happening. The game may do alright, but seriously, Monolith is not becoming Square after this game. Its not happening.
---
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero
#10Numbuh100(Topic Creator)Posted 7/1/2013 9:24:46 AM
trenken posted...
MilesTeg420 posted...
trenken posted...
Numbuh100 posted...

Thats the issue. Of course there are still people like the TC that love these games and want to see their developers thrive, but there just isnt enough people like him in the US to make that happen.

Does anyone really think X is going to sell 5+ million copies? If it hits 2 Ill be pretty surprised. Think about how popular Metroid is. They put Metroid Prime 3 out on a system in 100 million homes, and the game only sold 1.5 mil total worldwide.

Um, how in the world is X in a very unpopular genre on a system that next to noone is buying going to be a success? I cant see it happening. The game may do alright, but seriously, Monolith is not becoming Square after this game. Its not happening.

Yet something as horrible as FF XIII was able to sell...
---
Waiting for: Pokemon X and Y, Monolith Soft's X, Smash Bros. 4, Mario Kart 8, Watch Dogs, Dark Souls 2